Half way between Sheffield & Newquay for Overnight stay?

As above.

Want to stay overnight rather than do the full drive.

AA Route planner says M1, M42 Then M5. So where would be best to stop of half way?

I'm guessing bristol is a good half way point but I want to stay pretty much near the route.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bristol has a glut of reasonable/good/very good hotels and so can be booked in advance cheaply.

Eating places are abundant and plenty to do and see.

Country areas around are much more expensive.

Could try Weston-Super Mare, Bridgewater or Taunton but would recommend Bristol.

Avoid hotels near motorways as they are often isolated eg M5 Cripps Causeway.

Edited by Annie Bynnol

As above.

Want to stay overnight rather than do the full drive.

AA Route planner says M1, M42 Then M5. So where would be best to stop of half way?

I'm guessing bristol is a good half way point but I want to stay pretty much near the route.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I'd go for Weston-super-Mare and take in Banksy's Dismaland. :)

Bristol has a glut of reasonable/good/very good hotels and so can be booked in advance cheaply.

Eating places are abundant and plenty to do and see.

Country areas around are much more expensive.

Could try Weston-Super Mare, Bridgewater or Taunton but would recommend Bristol.

Avoid hotels near motorways as they are often isolated eg M5 Cripps Causeway.

Cribbs Causeway is great for an overnight stay, plenty of places to eat. Easy to get back onto the motorway.

Cribbs Causeway is great for an overnight stay, plenty of places to eat. Easy to get back onto the motorway.

Opps -yes it is Cribbs and yes it is convenient and might be just right but still it surrounded by half empty industrial units and Meadowhall style food outlets and I never found an open pub. The area is called Catbrain.

Opps -yes it is Cribbs and yes it is convenient and might be just right but still it surrounded by half empty industrial units and Meadowhall style food outlets and I never found an open pub. The area is called Catbrain.

There's a pub near the Travelodge.