Healthy restaurants?

ruby92

The Japanese places are pretty healthy ...

Try sakushi or wasabi sabi. ...There's a couple of new Japanese places on ecclesall road

Yama sushi on London Road

I'd be cautious of sushi if you're on a health drive; the rice is often seasoned with a lot of sugar. You'd be better off choosing some grilled fish with vegetables, full of nutrition without too much risk of excess calories.

I'd be cautious of sushi if you're on a health drive; the rice is often seasoned with a lot of sugar. You'd be better off choosing some grilled fish with vegetables, full of nutrition without too much risk of excess calories.

There can be a lot of salt in seasonings too...pretty healthy compared to many restaurants.

I used to go to this awesome tepanyaki place that put the ingredients straight on the hot plate...you knew what you were getting.

Is Pure on Raw still open - it looked a bit closed last time I went past?

9 quid for a cooked breakfast? Ouch

That includes your drink - but if they were sensible - they'd do the drink separately (as virtually everyone will buy one) and penny pinching sheffield folk would think it costs less!

The last post I've seen on healthy restaurants is from 2007 and I was wondering if anyone knows where the healthiest place to eat out would be?

Me and my partner are going on a "health kick" much to my dismay :loopy: but I refuse to let it ruin date night for me and if I'm not allowed my friday night takeaway I'm going to make him fork out and take me somewhere.

So, has anyone got any experience with healthy restaurants or if any have a healthy menu?? :gag:

To be honest, if the objective of this is to go on a "health kick" then what you eat on one night of the week is going to be pretty irrelevant, it's what you eat on the other 6 days that matter. With that in mind, you'd be better off making changes to what you eat at home and then going crackers on a Friday night and having what the hell you like as a reward.

That sounds like a much better way of doing it to me.

i believe everything they serve/use is organic, free range, etc.

That stuff isnt cheap.

they also can cater to most dietary needs (gluten, vegan, coeliacs, etc)

Free range in wetherspoons round the corner for 2.99.

9 quid for a cooked breakfast in sheffield is pricey for 2 people.