Healthy restaurants?

ruby92

Free range in wetherspoons round the corner for 2.99.

9 quid for a cooked breakfast in sheffield is pricey for 2 people.

yeah but Eten is local and independant.

I'd rather spend my money giving back to Sheffields independants than some faceless chain.

Also, wetherspoons is all frozen and reheated in a microwave. The toast is probably the only thing made "fresh" there.

yeah but Eten is local and independant.

I'd rather spend my money giving back to Sheffields independants than some faceless chain.

Also, wetherspoons is all frozen and reheated in a microwave. The toast is probably the only thing made "fresh" there.

Chains have economies of scale and established supply chains, doesn't necessarily mean the quality is lacking....I used to go to cafe rouge a lot for breakfast and it was one of the best I've ever had, including a trip to Paris...

I actually think wetherspoons is one of the better chains. They are sympathetic to restoring old buildings and provide good employment for people. I've had their (wetherspoons) breakfast before, it's pretty good. Certainly not frozen and reheated in a microwave. About a 7 out of 10.

I'm just saying 9 quid is pricey. It's about the level of tamper which I also find expensive to eat at on a weekly basis. When you throw in drinks and a tip, £20+ is expensive for a breakfast.

Although I like to go organic, I'd rather have the extra 6 quid+ in my pocket!!

Chains have economies of scale and established supply chains, doesn't necessarily mean the quality is lacking....I used to go to cafe rouge a lot for breakfast and it was one of the best I've ever had, including a trip to Paris...

I actually think wetherspoons is one of the better chains. They are sympathetic to restoring old buildings and provide good employment for people. I've had their (wetherspoons) breakfast before, it's pretty good. Certainly not frozen and reheated in a microwave. About a 7 out of 10.

I'm just saying 9 quid is pricey. It's about the level of tamper which I also find expensive to eat at on a weekly basis. When you throw in drinks and a tip, £20+ is expensive for a breakfast.

Although I like to go organic, I'd rather have the extra 6 quid+ in my pocket!!

Didn't you recently post a thread about going 'chemical free'? Good quality bacon, eggs and sausages aren't cheap. If you knew what went into most sausages or all processed food for that matter you wouldn't eat them. We make our own sausages and virtually all our own food from scratch.

Didn't you recently post a thread about going 'chemical free'? Good quality bacon, eggs and sausages aren't cheap. If you knew what went into most sausages or all processed food for that matter you wouldn't eat them. We make our own sausages and virtually all our own food from scratch.

I don't eat 'processed foods' where possible. Sorry but sausage anywhere is still processed and full of animal fat, cereal and off-cuts...

I had a breakfast there about 3 years ago...I have to say I was surprised with the quality on offer.

Here's an interesting article from the granuaid

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/mar/17/why-are-people-flocking-to-wetherspoons-for-breakfast

it's true. Britain is a nation of bargain lovers. And for me, certain items on the wetherspoons menu are good value. Other's I wouldnt touch with a barge pole...

they also do a gluten free menu...and vegan items.

I'm not saying eten is bad, I'm sure it's very good, locally sourced and organic and all that jazz. And the price reflects that.

---------- Post added 07-09-2015 at 12:21 ----------

I agree about the sausage on most breakfasts...dubious to say the least. I wouldnt eat that crap if im honest.

I don't eat 'processed foods' where possible. Sorry but sausage anywhere is still processed and full of animal fat, cereal and off-cuts...

I had a breakfast there about 3 years ago...I have to say I was surprised with the quality on offer.

Here's an interesting article from the granuaid

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/mar/17/why-are-people-flocking-to-wetherspoons-for-breakfast

it's true. Britain is a nation of bargain lovers. And for me, certain items on the wetherspoons menu are good value. Other's I wouldnt touch with a barge pole...

they also do a gluten free menu...and vegan items.

I'm not saying eten is bad, I'm sure it's very good, locally sourced and organic and all that jazz. And the price reflects that.

---------- Post added 07-09-2015 at 12:21 ----------

I agree about the sausage on most breakfasts...dubious to say the least. I wouldnt eat that crap if im honest.

There is a big difference between off cuts of quality meat and general rubbish that goes into most sausages. You obviously don't know the wide range of different quality material that goes into different sausages. You have to have some fat in sausages otherwise they aren't nice, we have made that mistake. We make ours with pork shoulder and belly pork which we grind down ourselves. We add sausage rusk without any additives or preservatives in and pack the ground meat into natural skins.

There is a big difference between off cuts of quality meat and general rubbish that goes into most sausages. You obviously don't know the wide range of different quality material that goes into different sausages. You have to have some fat in sausages otherwise they aren't nice, we have made that mistake. We make ours with pork shoulder and belly pork which we grind down ourselves. We add sausage rusk without any additives or preservatives in and pack the ground meat into natural skins.

how much and where do you sell?

---------- Post added 07-09-2015 at 13:09 ----------

they sound like good sausages btw!

---------- Post added 07-09-2015 at 13:09 ----------

they sound like good sausages btw!

We make them for our own consumption. Easy to make with a KenWood chef with a sausage filling attachment. I say easy, its easier with one person pressing the ground meat mixture down and the other guiding the skins over the forced mixture when it comes out. That way the sausages or even size with no air bubbles. Leave them in the fridge for the rusk to swell them freeze them.

This isn't my clip but you get the idea.

You can find good quality food outlets and restaurants if you search for them a little further afield.

Edited by Chez2

We make them for our own consumption. Easy to make with a KenWood chef with a sausage filling attachment. I say easy, its easier with one person pressing the ground meat mixture down and the other guiding the skins over the forced mixture when it comes out. That way the sausages or even size with no air bubbles. Leave them in the fridge for the rusk to swell them freeze them.

This isn't my clip but you get the idea.

You can find good quality food outlets and restaurants if you search for them a little further afield.

Nice effort. Plus you know / can control exactly what is going into them...