Hiding updates on win7

Minimo

No, I've looked at that website and it doesn't help.

I got rid of win10. It is all the updates they keep trying to install. Although they are failing (because win10 doesn't exist) they just keep appearing.

Clearly others are having the same problem, but as I said, the solution given doesn't work. Does the option to hide updates appear elsewhere?

So did you upgrade to Win 10 from Win 7 and then decide to go back to Win 7?

I was given no choice. I on't know how these things work but Microsoft downloaded win10 (but didn't install) It took an awful lot of the 10GB of my monthly allowance and cost me £5.60 penalty for going over the limit, but that's a side issue.

I did uninstall KB3035583, and intend to monitor updates before they are installed. Hopefully this will stop all these irritating failed updates that keep appearing.

Where was it downloaded to? Was it the desktop or download folder? I can't understand why this has happened - I just uninstalled the KB update and not had any problems since.

With the updates set to view more install you will find that this particular one is to be found in Optional. I usually don't install those. Just don't forget to update your computer if you do change the settings. However, the update icon remains in your notification area until you have dealt with them so you should be OK.

Have you thought about going on unlimited broadband? I was on 10GB for many years but changed a while ago - it is much, much better and I'm probably only paying about £5 per month more. Might be worth checking out some deals.