The nhs, pedalos , robot vacuum cleaners & zumba classes..

Presumably it's easy enough to measure the amount of sick time being taken..

good luck with that cyclone im still waiting for a foi request from Sheffield council I bet its got to be 5 years when I asked ( I think I even started a thread about it on here ):hihi::hihi::hihi:

The "if" part is the problem, if it doesn't then 5 million could save hundreds of lives through using the latest drugs to cure serious diseases !

Not to mention the loads of various ways to do the exercise for free.

And still no answer as to why nhs staff can't pay for this out of their own pockets ?

Ah! So that's it

You are jealous they get something you don't.

If you become an NHS worker - which by and large is demanding and means you have to deal with the public and that's a cross I'd never want to bear - if you did then you could get a couple of free zumba classes as well.

Ah! So that's it

You are jealous they get something you don't.

If you become an NHS worker - which by and large is demanding and means you have to deal with the public and that's a cross I'd never want to bear - if you did then you could get a couple of free zumba classes as well.

Will they be taxable? :hihi:

Then it should be offered to everyone in the country since it is every tax payer that is paying for it and as a tax payer I think I am entitled to express my disapproval of how tax is spent.

I take it you will now stop whinging about the UK not offering migrants a new home because what "should" happen according to you doesn't alter what does happen.

I think you're entirely missing the point, which is why we don't allow everyone to dictate how their tax contribution is spent.

They don't exist of my partner.

You've been denied a personal health budget?

---------- Post added 03-09-2015 at 14:25 ----------

Yes if they can't have the care they need.

This is more likely to happen if more of the staff are off ill.

Due you understand the concept of cost/benefit. It might cost £5million, it might save £10million in sick pay. Which is a direct benefit to all the patients because it means there will be more staff working and £5million less to spend hiring bank staff to cover them (at a much higher rate).

I'm not jealous , I think I would despise zumba myself, I do object strongly to my taxes being used to fund health classes for a group of people who get paid more than I can dream of, if this was mps we would be burning flags in london about it !

still no answer as to why the nhs staff can't pay for zumba themselves like everyone else or why they can't do free exercise ?

I'm not jealous , I think I would despise zumba myself, I do object strongly to my taxes being used to fund health classes for a group of people who get paid more than I can dream of, if this was mps we would be burning flags in london about it !

still no answer as to why the nhs staff can't pay for zumba themselves like everyone else or why they can't do free exercise ?

Why are you getting yourself so worked up about the NHS investing some money into one of it's most important assets? After all they spend billions training their workforce, so it's about time they recognised the importance of looking after that investment.

We would?

MP's get a private pub (a private public house there's an oxymoron) private gym, even a private rifle range last time I checked but no one seems that fussed about it all...

So are you really trying to suggest that patients will be upset if they receive better care, if that care was achieved by the NHS investing some money into it's workforce!!

That is an 'interesting' viewpoint.

Someone in need of treatment now isn't going to be happy when there isn't the money to provide it because the money was spent on pedalo's, robot vacuum cleaners & zumba classes.

---------- Post added 03-09-2015 at 15:57 ----------

You've been denied a personal health budget?

Is it something patients should be offered or is it something patients should ask for, because until now I have never heard of it.

I've just had a read and they wouldn't be entitled to a personal health budget.

This is more likely to happen if more of the staff are off ill.

They should be contractually obliged to keep themselves fit and healthy.

Due you understand the concept of cost/benefit. It might cost £5million, it might save £10million in sick pay. Which is a direct benefit to all the patients because it means there will be more staff working and £5million less to spend hiring bank staff to cover them (at a much higher rate).

Might or will save money, I know what would save money, stop paying them when they are not at work.

Edited by Gomass

Someone in need of treatment now isn't going to be happy when there isn't the money to provide it because the money was spent on pedalo's, robot vacuum cleaners & zumba classes.

That isn't what is being suggested though, so you can rest safely in the knowledge that your fears were ill founded.

I fear that we've reached a roadblock here in our little interaction because you cannot seem to understand that the idea's aim is to provide better care to patients by freeing up more resources, that are usually used to cover sickness, and to make sure the staff is fit and healthy so they also proved high standard of patient care.

---------- Post added 03-09-2015 at 15:59 ----------

The NHS also has a duty of care to all it's staff.

Edited by JFKvsNixon

I'm not jealous , I think I would despise zumba myself, I do object strongly to my taxes being used to fund health classes for a group of people who get paid more than I can dream of

You think that the majority of NHS staff are highly paid?

if this was mps we would be burning flags in london about it !

What makes you think that MPs don't have access to onsite health facilities. I've worked in government buildings before that have gyms onsite.

They could, that has been said. But the point is to encourage the ones that don't, offer them a free class, get them exercising, reduce the number of sick days.

Do you understand that the entire point of the exercise is to save the NHS money?

---------- Post added 03-09-2015 at 16:08 ----------

Ridiculous. What employer creates contracts like that? And how exactly do you ensure that you never get ill, particularly when you work with sick people?

Might or will save money, I know what would save money, stop paying them when they are not at work.

Yeah, it would also cause a recruitment and staffing crisis, not to mention being illegal.

Good job you're not in charge.