The nhs, pedalos , robot vacuum cleaners & zumba classes..

Where is the proof that supports that claim, and they could just as easily save the money without spending money.

Yes.

Unfit and ill are two entirely different things, I have never had a day off work sick and I don't get paid when I don't work.

Hence the reason they should be duty bound to stay fit and healthy, at their expense not the tax payers expense.

So you don't really see the NHS staff as an asset that needs looking after, and you don't believe that the NHS needs to look after it's investment, which runs into the billions, in training it's staff up?

So you don't really see the NHS staff as an asset that needs looking after, and you don't believe that the NHS needs to look after it's investment, which runs into the billions, in training it's staff up?

I see them as employees paid to do a job, the money would be better spent on training staff, If some of them aren't motivated enough to stay fit and healthy then in my opinion the NHS would be better off without them.

What happens in your job Gomass if you get ill? Do they sack you, or do you get sick pay?

Fit employee's (or those that do some exercise) are less likely to get ill and take time off work.

NHS staff work around sick people, they are exposed to more disease than most AND can't work if they have even a mild cold because they can't go around spreading that to vulnerable people.

I see them as employees paid to do a job, the money would be better spent on training staff, If some of them aren't motivated enough to stay fit and healthy then in my opinion the NHS would be better off without them.

So you'd just add the just five million that is being talked about to the billions of pounds that is already spent training staff?

Do you also believe that staying fit and healthy is just a matter of motivation? I'd suggest that issues such as burnout or musculoskeletal injuries are little more complicated than just expecting people to remain motivated.

What happens in your job Gomass if you get ill? Do they sack you, or do you get sick pay?
The job doesn't get done and I don't get paid.

Fit employee's (or those that do some exercise) are less likely to get ill and take time off work.

That's right and that is the reason they should do their best to stay fit in their own time at their own expense.

NHS staff work around sick people, they are exposed to more disease than most AND can't work if they have even a mild cold because they can't go around spreading that to vulnerable people.

Free zumba classes won't change that.

You can't require staff to stay fit, it wouldn't be legal or possible to enforce.

Free classes will encourage exercise, which will improve the sickness level, which will cost the NHS less. It's designed to save money, a fact you are determined to ignore.

I don't get paid either if I don't work, but most people in permanent employment do, in fact it's enshrined in law at a certain level.

You can't require staff to stay fit, it wouldn't be legal or possible to enforce.
The requirement would be they do the job they are paid to do, if their unhealthy lifestyle means they are taking too much time off work, they aren't meeting the requirements so should be dismissed.

Free classes will encourage exercise, which will improve the sickness level, which will cost the NHS less. It's designed to save money, a fact you are determined to ignore.

The threat of dismissal if they take too much time off work and less money when they are off sick will have the same affect and cost nothing.

I don't get paid either if I don't work, but most people in permanent employment do, in fact it's enshrined in law at a certain level.

Paying them £88.45 per week Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) for up to 28 weeks would encourage them to take less time off and save the tax payer money.

Paying a full wage whilst off sick is likley to encourage people to take more time off than they need.

The requirement would be they do the job they are paid to do, if their unhealthy lifestyle means they are taking too much time off work, they aren't meeting the requirements so should be dismissed.

The threat of dismissal if they take too much time off work and less money when they are off sick will have the same affect and cost nothing.

Paying them £88.45 per week Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) for up to 28 weeks would encourage them to take less time off and save the tax payer money.

Paying a full wage whilst off sick is likley to encourage people to take more time off than they need.

Is this your idea to help two of the biggest causes of sickness in the NHS - burnout and musculoskeletal injuries? :hihi:

As suggestions go, I'd say it is spectacularly ignorant.

Is this your idea to help two of the biggest causes of sickness in the NHS - burnout and musculoskeletal injuries? :hihi:

As suggestions go, I'd say it is spectacularly ignorant.

So you don't think staff will stay fit if they think they will loose their jobs for being unfit?

And what makes you think that a lazy unmotivated person will take up free fitness classes?

So you don't think staff will stay fit if they think they will loose their jobs for being unfit?

And what makes you think that a lazy unmotivated person will take up free fitness classes?

No I don't think that the warning of being sacked or having your pay docked will stopped people suffering from burnout or musculoskeletal injuries.

I also don't see any lack of motivation or laziness is being an issue with burnout or musculoskeletal injuries, so I don't know where you're going with this one.