Being sworn at for no reason..

I suppose you think spitting, swearing, touting for money and petty theft is acceptable?

I've said nothing of the sort, so you're running up a blind ally with that one.

what im saying is most of these people ARENT homeless.....have you seen my posts?

Ok fair enough, I wasn't using the phrase homeless literally, I used it because that is what they are often referred to as being. It's common parlance if you like.

just nuisances....hanging out in town because that's where they can get money and theft to buy crack and fags and booze...

They certainly are nuisances, I'll not disagree there. But, they are not just nuisances, everyone one of them will have a story as to why they are living such a life.

Which leads me back to the point of my post. I do not believe that giving to a homeless charity is always an act of empathy, trying to understand as to why the person is living such a life is however.

Nobody need be homeless in this day and age. Many of these people are playing at it....because that's where all there mates are, drinking, smoking and taking drugs.

If you had actually wanted to say "most of these people are not homeless", why didn't you?

Instead you describe them as homeless, but claim that it's me getting it confused. :huh:

If you had actually wanted to say "most of these people are not homeless", why didn't you?

Instead you describe them as homeless, but claim that it's me getting it confused. :huh:

you think spitting, swearing, touting for money and petty theft is acceptable then....that's nice.

good luck in your own little world.

empathy exists with giving to charities - not funding some lowlifes booze and fag habit.

I never said we live in a dangerous city in general. I pointed out based on the police data the city centre is between 10 and 60 times more dangerous / more anti-social than other places in sheffield.

There is a massive differece between multiples of 10 and 60, but I'll try not to be pedantic about that. (Even though I just have been!)

All I can say is that I've spent a lot of time in the city centre throughout my life, and never been the victim of any crime. None of my friends have either since I've known them. (If I get murdered on the way home, I will bow to your statements from heaven... or hell.) I don't feel in the slightest bit of danger walking through the drunk students on West Street on a weekend (although I admit they are definitely loud). Honestly, I really think your fear is something that manifests within your own mind rather than the reality of the environment you are in, but I accept that is just my opinion.

---------- Post added 11-09-2015 at 14:25 ----------

you think spitting, swearing, touting for money and petty theft is acceptable then....that's nice.
Personally I don't think it's worth shipping people off to an island for. What do you do, round them up and eradicate them? Seriously, what would you do about it? You can't socially cleanse town based on people's social habits can you?

There is a massive differece between multiples of 10 and 60, but I'll try not to be pedantic about that. (Even though I just have been!)

All I can say is that I've spent a lot of time in the city centre throughout my life, and never been the victim of any crime. None of my friends have either since I've known them. (If I get murdered on the way home, I will bow to your statements from heaven... or hell.) I don't feel in the slightest bit of danger walking through the drunk students on West Street on a weekend (although I admit they are definitely loud). Honestly, I really think your fear is something that manifests within your own mind rather than the reality of the environment you are in, but I accept that is just my opinion.

---------- Post added 11-09-2015 at 14:25 ----------

Personally I don't think it's worth shipping people off to an island for. What do you do, round them up and eradicate them? Seriously, what would you do about it? You can't socially cleanse town based on people's social habits can you?

Yes, I would socially cleanse the city if it means keeping the streets clean of criminals and keeping ordinary citizens safe.

TJC1, in your posts, you come across as an extremely paranoid person who seems to be living in a completely different Sheffield from the city that most of we other posters are living in. Of course there's crime - both major and minor - and of course there's anti-social behaviour, nuisances, beggars in your face, people boozing, smoking fags and living off benefits, raising their children in a cavalier style, etc, etc, etc... but it's no worse than you'd find in any big British city - and a lot better than some of the other big British cities that I've visited and worked in over the last 30-odd years.

The Sheffield that you describe sounds more like a city from from a violent, fantasy computer game than the real city of Sheffield - a city that most of us seem to quite like and be proud of, even though we admit it has many, many obvious faults.

Please lighten up a bit TJC1. Please try to have a sense of proportion and perspective. Please try to recognise and enjoy all that's good about Sheffield rather than dwelling on and getting angry about the negative aspects. I'm sure you'll feel happier and more at peace within yourself if you accept that the good outweighs the bad and try to focus your thoughts on the "positives" rather than the "negatives".

Instead you describe them as homeless, but claim that it's me getting it confused.

good luck in your own little world.

For completeness I included my post that you quoted above your reply.

Now perhaps you can point out where in my post I say anything about spitting, swearing, etc... being acceptable?

Or you can apologise for trying to put words in my mouth (aka making things up).

---------- Post added 20-09-2015 at 10:29 ----------

Yes, I would socially cleanse the city if it means keeping the streets clean of criminals and keeping ordinary citizens safe.

You're now attempting to paint the homeless as criminal...

I don't recognise the picture of the city centre you paint, and as Hamatik and Firethorn suggest, I think this is mostly in your head.

o Syria, and join ISIS just wondering if you call yourself Joker because you are supposed to be humerous?

---------- Post added 20-09-2015 at 19:42 ----------

TJC1, in your posts, you come across as an extremely paranoid person who seems to be living in a completely different Sheffield from the city that most of we other posters are living in. Of course there's crime - both major and minor - and of course there's anti-social behaviour, nuisances, beggars in your face, people boozing, smoking fags and living off benefits, raising their children in a cavalier style, etc, etc, etc... but it's no worse than you'd find in any big British city - and a lot better than some of the other big British cities that I've visited and worked in over the last 30-odd years.

The Sheffield that you describe sounds more like a city from from a violent, fantasy computer game than the real city of Sheffield - a city that most of us seem to quite like and be proud of, even though we admit it has many, many obvious faults.

Please lighten up a bit TJC1. Please try to have a sense of proportion and perspective. Please try to recognise and enjoy all that's good about Sheffield rather than dwelling on and getting angry about the negative aspects. I'm sure you'll feel happier and more at peace within yourself if you accept that the good outweighs the bad and try to focus your thoughts on the "positives" rather than the "negatives".

hard to have the attitude you suggest when you have been mugged,burgled,

heard 8yr old kids using foulest language,at the ripe old age of 67,one of reasons left Sheffield. have lived in hull now for 7yrs and have never felt safer

---------- Post added 20-09-2015 at 19:57 ----------

I don't have paranoia. My comments are based on experiences and then looking at statistics...how should I react?

---------- Post added 09-09-2015 at 17:50 ----------

Why do you assume i have no idea of addiction?

and why do you think these people are nothing more than a nuisance?

---------- Post added 09-09-2015 at 17:52 ----------

on west st there a nuisance.

you ask "what am I supposed to do",,you could try to keep your inane opinions to yourself but please don't resort to that ,for our sake, we all get so much amusement from your posts