Being sworn at for no reason..

West street....just spend 10 minutes there.

If its not tramps, beggars and thieves its rowdy drunks or internationals...it has an unfriendly vibe uncommon from the rest of sheffield and its traditional friendliness.

Horrid place.

I regularly walk up to and along West Street during lunch (and on a Friday evening) and it's nothing like you describe.

I can remember a few instances of random comments, but nothing like the regular abuse described by monkey69, and in about 20 years of regularly going out for a drink I believe I've been in a scuffle twice, so random assaults don't seem to be a thing at all.

---------- Post added 03-09-2015 at 16:19 ----------

Its all to often the case when your in the city centre. I get all sort of rude comments. either when I am on my push bike or walking along the pedestrian walk ways. Its T=====r this or T==t that.

Perhaps you're having abuse shouted at you after running all the red lights?

West street....just spend 10 minutes there.

If its not tramps, beggars and thieves its rowdy drunks or internationals...it has an unfriendly vibe uncommon from the rest of sheffield and its traditional friendliness.

Horrid place.

Oh my god, are there really international people on West Street, have you thought about tell the police?

I regularly walk up to and along West Street during lunch (and on a Friday evening) and it's nothing like you describe.

I was there on Monday and Tuesday this week, around early evening and its exactly how I described. I can't comment on lunch times.

For someone who insists on empirical evidence and not singular anecdotes I find this comment very surprising.

---------- Post added 03-09-2015 at 16:36 ----------

Oh my god, are there really international people on West Street, have you thought about tell the police?

Theres a weird unfriendly vibe in town....you tell me why.

In regards of what TJC1 said about the drunks etc during the day on West Street/Internationals. (seems I can't quote atm)

Quite often I have to walk past the Drunks/beggers on the corner of the Tesco. In fact most days when going home from work. They swear, are aggressive when you refuse to give them a cig (even though I don't smoke) or cash. They fight amongst each other.

The only problem I have with the internationals on West Street - is trying to kill themselves by walking in front of traffic! Not at road crossings. I have no wish to see anyone die (and this has been covered in another thread). Otherwise not seen any International people causing 'trouble' or the like on there.

I can remember a few instances of random comments, but nothing like the regular abuse described by monkey69, and in about 20 years of regularly going out for a drink I believe I've been in a scuffle twice, so random assaults don't seem to be a thing at all.

I literally saw a thief being frog marched from tesco, cops bombing around everywhere, beggers, drunks and druggies looking in bins and hassling people for god knows what.

Was there for 10 minutes each time.

Either it was a total freak coincidence or it's indicitive of what west st and town has become.

:confused:

---------- Post added 03-09-2015 at 16:42 ----------

In regards of what TJC1 said about the drunks etc during the day on West Street/Internationals. (seems I can't quote atm)

Quite often I have to walk past the Drunks/beggers on the corner of the Tesco. In fact most days when going home from work. They swear, are aggressive when you refuse to give them a cig (even though I don't smoke) or cash. They fight amongst each other.

I saw several.

And on each occasion of my visits different faces. I did my job and escaped sharpish as found it rather intimidating.