Anyone flown with Japan Airlines?

It's not expensive though. return to Japan from Manchester is just over 500quid. 250 of that is taxes and airport duties!

That is good for Japan. Prices of long-haul flights seem to be going down. I winter in east Asia each year. A few years ago £600 was the typical price I'd pay. This year, it's less than £400, that is six flights altogether with two short stopovers. £500 roundtrip direct to Japan is excellent. Jump on it.

That is good for Japan. Prices of long-haul flights seem to be going down. I winter in east Asia each year. A few years ago £600 was the typical price I'd pay. This year, it's less than £400, that is six flights altogether with two short stopovers. £500 roundtrip direct to Japan is excellent. Jump on it.

If the OP is flying from Manchester then they will be making a stopover at some point along the way. Helsinki maybe ?

To answer the OPs question, I've flown JAL but only in business class on the 777-300 aircraft, Although I did have a look down the back at economy when I went for a walk and it looks quite good, well as good as long haul economy can be. Seat pitch looked quite decent.

Edited by WageSlave

airlines are pretty much of a muchness except when they are really bad. Like Kuwait, Philippines Airlines, Saudi. National flag carriers are usually pretty good like Japan, Singapore, Thai, Malaysian (well that is until Malaysian had that one last year that totally disappeared and the other one that got shot out of te sky).

I have never flown with Japan Airlines so I couldn't possibly comment. However, if you want to keep an open mind and your options open, try All Nippon Airways (ANA). Flew with them back from Tokyo (Narita) and found them to be quite decent. Not sure if they are any cheaper than JAL.