Buses to bakewell

The link does not say "pentioners/oaps" either it says "concessionary pass holders" which should include an ENCTS Disability Pass but it could only be used in Derbyshire between 0930 and 2300 weekdays and at all times on weekends and bank holidays.

Either way the first 218 bus you can use on weekdays with the any pass is the 0930 from the interchange.

To use the 0900 or earlier with the disability pass would cost you £1 because it leaves Owler Bar in Derbyshire before 0930 which makes the pass invalid for the Derbyshire part of the journey.

Thanks for the info, Info for you, ment well - It seems you are under the impression that there is a time limit on disability passes, there isn't they can board any local bus at any time for FREE. The only Concessionary pass holders that have a time restriction is OAP/Pentioners

Thanks for the info, Info for you, ment well - It seems you are under the impression that there is a time limit on disability passes, there isn't they can board any local bus at any time for FREE. The only Concessionary pass holders that have a time restriction is OAP/Pentioners

Yes I am under the impression that there is a time limit on disability passes issued in South Yorkshire when used outside South Yorkshire.

The Government guidelines to local authority transport people (TCAs) is:

Guidance for Travel Concession Authorities on the England National Concessionary Travel Scheme

Page 7

Timings

1.16 The national bus concession in England is available at any time on a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday, and from 9.30am to 11pm on any other day. TCAs are able to offer concessionary travel outside these hours on a discretionary basis.- in South Yorkshire the councils financially support the extra time concession within South Yorkshire.

Also from Travel South Yorkshire

The English National Concession Travel Scheme (ENCTS) entitles disabled people to free off peak travel on buses across England.

Disabled Pass holders can travel:

free at all times on bus and tram, and by train*. Additionally they can travel free from a South Yorkshire train station into West Yorkshire on Northern Rail services. When a disabled persons pass permits they can travel similarly with their carer.

*Valid on trains only if your pass carries the Travel South Yorkshire logo.

In all other parts of England, South Yorkshire passes can be used for free travel on bus services between 0930 and 2300 weekdays and all day weekends and Bank Holidays. They are not valid on tram services outside of South Yorkshire.

Derbyshire Bus passes - concessionary fares schemes

Elderly and disabled persons

Residents of Derbyshire and Derby who qualify by age or disability can apply for a Gold Card, which is valid for free travel on buses between 9.30am and 11pm on weekdays and all day at weekends.

Now that is something I never knew, travel before 9.30am only applies to the county it was issued in, ie - South Yorkshire. I have used my pass in other parts of the country before 9.30 without problems, but It seems I was lucky.

However, if your journey starts and ends in south Yorkshire it is considered a South Yorkshire journey so free travel without time restrictions apply (I think - lol) if not I apologize and bow to your knowledge.