Sheffield old court house/town hall for sale for £2m

Apparently the owners have been open to offers for a couple of years. This listing is just lip-service. Though my source on that is a notorious idiot from another forum.

Who in their right mind is going to pay £2million for a liability like this? I imagine it's no great state inside, and even then you've got to wonder what use you could give it that accomodate any listed features etc.

If the mooted regeneration of the Castle Markets area as a high-end office district (this is not as silly or unlikely as it sounds) then it might start to look attractive, maybe for leisure uses.

"Residential development for sale". More city centre apartments. Lovely.

To my mind you'd have to be a pretty by fan of "centro" living to want to live in an apartment with views of Castle Market/Haymarket.

They are being knocked down.

A little grassy park just what a thriving City centre needs:loopy:

That little grassy park is in fact going to be a large development involving park land, houses, flats, shops, restaurants and walkways over to Victoria Quay.

If you're going to start a thread about an area then at least do some background information on it.

That little grassy park is in fact going to be a large development involving park land, houses, flats, shops, restaurants and walkways over to Victoria Quay.

If you're going to start a thread about an area then at least do some background information on it.

I cannot wait to see that, although at the current rate of progress in Sheffield , I will be about 157 years old

This sounds very exciting ,info on the plans, finance and planning applications please.

There are some great photos of the interior of this building on the 28dayslater website.

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/crown-courts-sheffield-november-2012.t75858#post-903949

Plus many more.

I've seen those pictures before. No doubt whatsoever that it's a beaut building. That could make some amazing flats.

If that was listed and in Worral or Stannington or Fulwood, that would be snapped up in seconds for expensive posh flats. However, it isn't there.

I can't it fetching £2m or even close. You probably need a million just to hoover up before you even start touching anything :hihi:

It would be a waste to see crap £100k flats put into there, and I don't think it would pay off anyway at 2mil.

I can't see office space working really, it would be expensive and bigger companies tend to build there own things these days, like IMitchell.

I think the old Town Hall would make a great museum of crime and history of Sheffield in general. The building needs a lot of money spending on it, not sure how it could be turned into flats given the listed status unless court room living has become all the rage?