Is It Time Schools Dropped School Uniforms?

In the area where I live now is what would classed as a depraved area, many struggle with everyday bills. The cost of a school uniform for some is a real struggle is it time the idea of school uniforms to be dropped and replaced with a guidelines of acceptable dress? Surely its more important for the child to attended school and learn than how they are dressed. In most European countries schools have long abandoned the school uniform is it time for Britain to follow suit?

In the area where I live now is what would classed as a depraved area, many struggle with everyday bills. The cost of a school uniform for some is a real struggle is it time the idea of school uniforms to be dropped and replaced with a guidelines of acceptable dress? Surely its more important for the child to attended school and learn than how they are dressed. In most European countries schools have long abandoned the school uniform is it time for Britain to follow suit?

No. They should stop forcing parents to buy from exclusive suppliers at great expense. Otherwise, according to some of the ads, you can buy a uniform for a tenner.

Depraved? :huh:

At one time it was possible to get a grant towards buying a uniform but that's long ago ,is their any help for parents now?

---------- Post added 07-09-2015 at 22:34 ----------

Depraved? :huh:

I don't live in Sheffield now but the area I live in now is classed as depraved in plain English skint according to the local government.

At one time it was possible to get a grant towards buying a uniform but that's long ago ,is their any help for parents now?

---------- Post added 07-09-2015 at 22:34 ----------

I don't live in Sheffield now but the area I live in now is classed as depraved in plain English skint according to the local government.

The word you're looking for is deprived.

Is it anything like my depraved area where the parents get their children modern mobile phones and buy them designer clothes and Nike trainers?

Plain English? :huh:

Finished? :D

---------- Post added 07-09-2015 at 22:44 ----------

Is it anything like my depraved area where the parents get their children modern mobile phones and buy them designer clothes and Nike trainers?
I very much doubt it mate.