Is It Time Schools Dropped School Uniforms?

A school girl has been told she is not allowed to attend lessons until she paints the SOLES of her shoes the right colour, black instead of brown.

Shakira Silom has been warned by staff at Ormiston Venture Academy that she must change her brown bottomed shoes to black or else she will not join classes with her pals.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/leopard-print-hairstyle-pupil-banned-6410107

A school girl has been told she is not allowed to attend lessons until she paints the SOLES of her shoes the right colour, black instead of brown.

Shakira Silom has been warned by staff at Ormiston Venture Academy that she must change her brown bottomed shoes to black or else she will not join classes with her pals.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/leopard-print-hairstyle-pupil-banned-6410107

Is there a published dress code? If so, there is no excuse, no matter how much the parents whine.

I have no objection to school uniforms and strict dress codes. I agree that parents should be allowed to shop around for cheaper identical clothes though.

As for the comments about kids should be allowed to be individuals by not wearing a uniform. A bit shallow to think that a choice of clothing and/haircut somehow individualises a child. There is more to being a person than the clothes you wear or the way you cut your hair.

I agree with school uniforms as it stops kids showing off their named brands in school to belittle kids who can't afford it. What I do not agree with is schools making parents go to certain shops to buy uniforms. What I always wondered is do shops pay schools for the exclusivity? (I think that's the word).

Why can't it be like when I as at school where you just bought cheap jumpers from shops and a logo from the school for parents to attach themselves

Your link is for the Leopard girl.

Leopard-print hairstyle pupil banned from school AGAIN after returning to class with headscarf

"She is being discriminated against because of what she looks like and it is a breach of her human rights" says Lauren McDowell's mum

Your link is for the Leopard girl.

Leopard-print hairstyle pupil banned from school AGAIN after returning to class with headscarf

"She is being discriminated against because of what she looks like and it is a breach of her human rights" says Lauren McDowell's mum

I wonder what Article of the ECHR she believes has been breached :D I do wish people would engage their brain before spouting off about something they have no idea about.