Is It Time Schools Dropped School Uniforms?

yes and they should focus on doing the schools up and making them more clean and modern rather than trying to get all the kids looking smart.

I immensley whole-heartedly agree her!! What is the point having "no fittings" that make places look nice :)

Uniform was abolished for a period in the eighties and nineties, and it was a disaster. It coincided with the period when 'designer' clothes were everything to young kids and the pester power was unbearable. I was so glad when uniforms returned.

As someone has said a school uniform can be purchased very cheaply from a supermarket. If the school wants the uniform to have badges they should be the sort you can purchase separately and sew on. The badge can then be transferred from item to item as the child grows.

Seems sensible, stops children competing they should be focusing on their schoolwork,

one-upmanship can be costly.

Seems sensible, stops children competing they should be focusing on their schoolwork,

one-upmanship can be costly.

It's a good point you raise here - but in realism terms most walk out of the door dressed in correct attire but hide non-uniform stuff in their bag then change at School to fit in etc ... or more so Parents are at work when the kids leave on a morning - so they have a "free run" to adapt their Uniform whatever way they feel/fancy :(

It's a good point you raise here - but in realism terms most walk out of the door dressed in correct attire but hide non-uniform stuff in their bag then change at School to fit in etc ... or more so Parents are at work when the kids leave on a morning - so they have a "free run" to adapt their Uniform whatever way they feel/fancy :(

Any evidence to support that?

As I've already said, pastoral teams clamp down on non uniform or uniform transgressions, with phone calls to parents and detentions. I've seen this daily and recently when working with schools.

Any evidence to support that?

As I've already said, pastoral teams clamp down on non uniform or uniform transgressions, with phone calls to parents and detentions. I've seen this daily and recently when working with schools.

I don't need to give evidence to support this!!, it is obvious!! Just go into in ant Town, Large Village on a Morning at 8am and wait for a bus and you will see this occurring!

What you say "may" be true Schools clamp down on it - but they are in minority of 1 from 10 and regardless most'll give sob stories that wash really well with the Teachers! :)

the idea of school uniforms is its a leveller. Thats what we were always told anyway.

Well yeah - but it does;'nt always add up that way! You'll always get kids wanting to don their Ben Sherman shirts not George friom Asda as we did and same for Farrar Trousers, Tracksuit Bottoms not real Trousers ... altering your Tie style too!