Is It Time Schools Dropped School Uniforms?

I agree with school uniforms as it stops kids showing off their named brands in school to belittle kids who can't afford it. What I do not agree with is schools making parents go to certain shops to buy uniforms. What I always wondered is do shops pay schools for the exclusivity? (I think that's the word).

Why can't it be like when I as at school where you just bought cheap jumpers from shops and a logo from the school for parents to attach themselves

The reason for it is because other manufacturers then add trimmings - the odd white stripe there, different collars etc. There used to be a stall on Rotherham market that produced and sold their own version of uniforms. It caused all sorts of problems eg. they sold hoodies complete with school logos even though no school sanctioned them. Kids were then wearing those hoodies instead of school jumpers.

Are you implying that she has to follow the rules in order to get it, so she is doing it herself?

How would you feel if NHS serices were restricted to people wearing black shoes n trousers?

No one is denying this child an education. She is still a pupil at the school and she is free to get educated elsewhere if she feels the rules of the school are not to her liking.

A school girl has been told she is not allowed to attend lessons until she paints the SOLES of her shoes the right colour, black instead of brown.

Shakira Silom has been warned by staff at Ormiston Venture Academy that she must change her brown bottomed shoes to black or else she will not join classes with her pals.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/leopard-print-hairstyle-pupil-banned-6410107

Crazy!! I agree with Uniform ... but now things are just going over the top! The soles of the girl\s shoes - crazy in the extreme. Who will notice these!!/ It is almost like something from the first Century I think :gag:

Are you implying that she has to follow the rules in order to get it, so she is doing it herself?

How would you feel if NHS serices were restricted to people wearing black shoes n trousers?

Not really the same, is it? Schools have rules about uniform. Hospitals don't, for obvious reasons. If you can't work that out by yourself there's an obvious conclusion to be drawn.

Hospitals do refuse treatment to some people anyway. Turn up drunk and aggressive and see if you get seen to.

No one is denying this child an education. She is still a pupil at the school and she is free to get educated elsewhere if she feels the rules of the school are not to her liking.

One thing she will have learnt is that appearance is more important than education.

Not sending your child to school is punishable because the austerities think an education is important, until you have the wrong hair cut or trousers that are too tight and then its not so important.

One thing she will have learnt is that appearance is more important than education.

Not sending your child to school is punishable because the austerities think an education is important, until you have the wrong hair cut or trousers that are too tight and then its not so important.

She will have learned that following rules is equally as important as education.

She will have learned that following rules is equally as important as education.

To teach her that they are of equal importance they should have fulfilled their obligation to educate her and found an alternative punishment for not following the rules, instead of teaching her that following the rules is more important than an education. Its even worse when a dress code is imposed on girls so that male teachers are not distracted by a pair of young legs.

To teach her that they are of equal importance they should have fulfilled their obligation to educate her and found an alternative punishment for not following the rules, instead of teaching her that following the rules is more important than an education. Its even worse when a dress code is imposed on girls so that male teachers are not distracted by a pair of young legs.

They sent her home to remedy her hairstyle, they didn't exclude her. So, they have not failed in their obligation, as you put it, to educate her.