2 british terrorists killed by raf drones

I have no issues with the two terrorists being killed, as long as there was some oversight from both Parliament and the Attorney General.

If there is to a change in government policy and we are going to start to hunt down terrorists in this manner, this oversight must remain and we cannot get to the situation where the military or even the drone operators themselves are making the decisions.

The EU will still be talking in six months time. I rather a UN resolution is going to be what happens. The UNHCR tends to get a bit stroppy when it needs to and starts moving things forwards.

The only fly in the ointment is going to be Russia. If it has people doing silly things inside Syria then a security council vote could be interesting.

I would rather see the UN resolution as well, but if not, than the EU has a duty to stand up and do something, we can take in 12 million Syrians, but we don't want to (except for the Germans), so action is required.

Had we had a proper Lisbon treaty and moved towards a unified EU army we'd already have stabilised the situation, but some people think further integration is horrible, especially the people who don't like refugees... Odd that one isn't it? I wonder how those talking of a 'stern word camp' see that ;)

If it has people doing silly things inside Syria
Not an 'if'.

A few large Russian-reg'd and -coloured Antonovs spotted yesterday and day before at Latakia, with 'odd boxes' carted out by crew members dressed in stripey Russian navy t-shirts. Who didn't fly back with the 'novs.

Not an 'if'.

A few large Russian Antonovs spotted yesterday and day before at Latakia, with 'odd boxes' carted out by crew members dressed in stripey Russian navy t-shirts. Who didn't fly back with the 'novs.

Oh dear.....

Cold War round 2 anyone?

---------- Post added 08-09-2015 at 12:34 ----------

I would rather see the UN resolution as well, but if not, than the EU has a duty to stand up and do something, we can take in 12 million Syrians, but we don't want to (except for the Germans), so action is required.

Had we had a proper Lisbon treaty and moved towards a unified EU army we'd already have stabilised the situation, but some people think further integration is horrible, especially the people who don't like refugees... Odd that one isn't it? I wonder how those talking of a 'stern word camp' see that ;)

Germany has low unemployment and needs a cheap labour force. It's nothing to do with being nice to the poor refugees but it's a convenient fiction they are not going to shatter :-)

Cold War round 2 anyone?
Been at that stage awhile, in fairness. Hotting up a fair bit in Ukraine, an'all.

unified EU army
LOL! And why not unified fiscal rates and policies while you're at it? ;)

Present the facts and lay them before Parliament and get another vote would be the obvious choice. I rather suspect they will get a different response this time.

I'm more and more of the opinion that this is a case where we do need boots on ground and soon. This isn't a situation like Iraq - this is turning out to be much more like Rwanda where we failed dismally by dithering.

In agreement with both sentences.

However I would love to ask the apologists for these people. If you believe they are innocent then why were they in Syria and in the sight of a drone? Holidaying? Visiting Relatives? Missionary work?

If they were there to fight for ISIS then what's the problem with us taking them out?

I would love you to quote the posts from "apologists", I haven't seen any, just a discussion around legality and evidence.