2 british terrorists killed by raf drones

A deeply scary gifting of power to the government, indeed to a single man, since parliament didn't vote on this matter and had actually voted against using force in Syria.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/sep/08/drones-uk-isis-members-jihadists-syria-kill-list-ministers

Did something change?

The PM has always had royal prerogative to do these things. Asking Parliament is a nicety, not a necessity and not at all "deeply scary" when it is used as wisely as Cameron has done here.

I keep hearing people moan about legitimate targets, terrorists that want to kill Britons etc. Good, so why object against a proper test of those facts in legal terms? If it is all above board, great, if it isn't than we all have a right to know that our government authorised a strike against two fellow Brits.

Would that not compromise any further action? Inevitably, it would require disclosure of 'intelligence' sources, how they got the information and all sorts of other things which would stunt our ability to take any further action against these nutters!

So yeah, lets all get it out in the open! Lets all decide if it was 'legal' and ligitimate. We'll just sit and wait for them to carry out another atrocity. Or behead a few more of us. Only then to realise we've thrown away our only recourse. Intelligence.

I keep hearing people moan about legitimate targets, terrorists that want to kill Britons etc. Good, so why object against a proper test of those facts in legal terms? If it is all above board, great, if it isn't than we all have a right to know that our government authorised a strike against two fellow Brits.

Because we havent got time to fiddle around seeking judicial reviews while some scumbags have left this country are armed and causing millions to flee their homes.

Also we dont need an enquiry. They didnt leave Britain to go on holiday you know? They went out there to fight good riddance.

Did something change?

The PM has always had royal prerogative to do these things. Asking Parliament is a nicety, not a necessity and not at all "deeply scary" when it is used as wisely as Cameron has done here.

Yes something changed. He ordered British citizens executed. Without oversight or trial.

---------- Post added 09-09-2015 at 10:08 ----------

Your life is being threatened by a nutter with a gun, should the police ask parliament to vote on whether to shoot the nutter, or should they just shoot him when they see an opportunity that doesn't put innocent people at risk?

Do you think the Syrian people will be angry that the British government had a British citizen killed whilst he was in their country terrorizing them and forcing them to flee their homeland?

I think that I'd like to see proof that the actions were legal.

I suspect that they probably were, and as I've said quite a few times on the basis of what evidence there is so far I think it was probably the correct thing to do. But I'd like to see all the evidence and a clear statement of a process from the government.

---------- Post added 09-09-2015 at 10:10 ----------

L00b can't tell the difference between voted in favour of airstrikes against ISIS in IRAQ and didn't vote in favour of airstrikes in SYRIA. It's not difficult to understand. Parliament has not authorised military action in SYRIA.

Yes something changed. He ordered British citizens executed. Without oversight or trial.

---------- Post added 09-09-2015 at 10:08 ----------

I think that I'd like to see proof that the actions were legal.

I suspect that they probably were, and as I've said quite a few times on the basis of what evidence there is so far I think it was probably the correct thing to do. But I'd like to see all the evidence and a clear statement of a process from the government.

Why would you like to see proof? They are scum who deserve it. They went out there to murder innocents and displace people. We cant have an investigation everytime our armed forces kill the enemy.

L00b can't tell the difference between voted in favour of airstrikes against ISIS in IRAQ and didn't vote in favour of airstrikes in SYRIA. It's not difficult to understand. Parliament has not authorised military action in SYRIA.
Are you being deliberately obtuse?

Have I claimed that Parliament authorised strikes in SYRIA?

No, I claimed that the British government did not need Parliamentary sanction for an executive order. Which was not taken solely by Cameron, as you'd have readers believe, but collegially at a meeting of the National Security Council as amply reported.

I clarified that Parliament voted against striking the official Syrian regime after its alleged use of WMDs on its population, not against (indeterminate-) 'strikes in Syria' as you'd have readers believe.

I opined that Parliament would likely vote to authorise strikes against ISIL in Syria, because they have voted to authorise strikes against ISIL in Iraq:

Lest we forget,
ISIL included Brit recruits in Iraq at that time, a very well-known and -documented fact known to all and sundry, including the voting MPs. I very much doubt Parliament would vote differently today, in respect of bombing ISIL in Syria.
But I can't tell the difference, you say?

I don't suppose you're going to retract that, are you?

Edited by L00b

David Cameron has stated that the drone attacks which killed the two terrorists were acts of self defence . Why does the British Government need any other mandate ?

Alleged terrorists. Remember these two men were killed on a suspicion. Theres no trial, no chance to prove guilt or innocence.

They were just killed.

---------- Post added 09-09-2015 at 10:15 ----------

We should start bombing the Irish; they've killed enough of us over the years.

And one colourful irish man did a terrible job on my drive. Yes, lets start air strikes against the Irish immediately. Well show em the Jig dancing, Guinness drinking, Dodgy tarmac laying bounders!!

Alleged terrorists. Remember these two men were killed on a suspicion. Theres no trial, no chance to prove guilt or innocence.

They were just killed.

People usually attract suspicion when they appear in ISIL recruiting videos. There's no alleged about it. Wake up and smell the coffee.

---------- Post added 09-09-2015 at 10:21 ----------

Rubbish. Don't be so melodramatic when you're inventing things.

---------- Post added 09-09-2015 at 10:24 ----------

For the avoidance of any doubt.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/07/reyaad-khan-junaid-hussain-profiles-isis-britons-syria

People usually attract suspicion when they appear in ISIL recruiting videos. There's no alleged about it. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Hahaha! Is that it? Oh i do hope these two werent killed on the strength of that lol Mind you, youd still probably think it was a clean kill.

---------- Post added 09-09-2015 at 10:28 ----------

=

For the avoidance of any doubt.

Ah, fair enough. As the newspapers are saying that i guess it must be 100% accurate because we all know newspapers never l,,,, oh,, wait.