2 british terrorists killed by raf drones

I very much doubt the relatives have a relevant security clearance, so no, they certainly don't.

Only a judge would, if an inquiry is conducted. I certainly hope one isn't. But if one is, then I certainly hope the parents are made to fund it, as a consequence of their parental responsibilities and since the Government has better things to do with its limited resources than justifying legitimate acts which it takes to safeguard the common good of UK citizens.

These lads were frontline combatants and self-declared enemies of the UK. Getting killed one way or the other is a entirely predictable consequence of their choice.

I didn't mean a legal right, I meant a moral one.

I very much doubt the relatives have a relevant security clearance, so no, they certainly don't.

Only a judge would, if an inquiry is conducted. I certainly hope one isn't. But if one is, then I certainly hope the parents are made to fund it, as a consequence of their parental responsibilities and since the Government has better things to do with its limited resources than justifying legitimate acts which it takes to safeguard the common good of UK citizens.

These lads were frontline combatants and self-declared enemies of the UK. Getting killed one way or the other is a entirely predictable consequence of their choice.

And I was starting to think that everyone thought UK government resources were limitless.

These 2 scunbags were traitors,they were pictured asking other people to join them in the war against the west,no sleep lost and no tears shed.Like been said if their families want investigations let them pay for them,que the human rights groups.

These actions are quite clearly crimes. We don't normally use the military to execute people without a trial though...

---------- Post added 08-09-2015 at 09:23 ----------

why do you think that? and why do they have any rights when its to do with a terrorist? more should be got rid of like this, if it acts like a terrorist, looks like a terrorist and incites terrorism, then its a fair bet it is a terrorist and should be got rid of no questions asked.

So if the government accuses you of being a terrorist you'll be okay with losing all your rights, including the right to a trial? It's perfectly okay for a soldier to shoot you in the street is it?

Terrorism is clearly criminal, and we have a legal system to deal with criminals, no part of that legal system involves the military or lethal force.

I didn't mean a legal right, I meant a moral one.
I'll see your parental moral rights, and raise you the utterly complete and steadfast absence of any 'morals' of any sort exhibited by ISIS and its members.

When ISIS starts to exhibit some level of morality, I might lend an ear. The West has exhibited boatloads so far. Too much, which is how and why ISIS (and jihadists of all sorts before, in Iraq and Afghanistan) have had the going relatively easy.

Meanwhile, don't waste your breath/posts on me, for I have precisely less than zero empathy for IS members and their families. Except where the family can be provably shown to have done everything they could to try and stop the lad or girl from joining and going (and after watching 4+ years of news, documentaries, in-depth reports and more in English, French and German media, it looks to me there's precious few of these families).

The lads' parents knew where they had gone, why and what the lads were doing, and knew about ISIS at least to the same extent you, I and every other Joe Bloggs does, if not more.

They neither deserve nor need any further answers, they've long had time to make their peace with their kids' choice and to prepare for the bad news.

They're at war with us, France and a few more, last I checked.

No, legally they aren't, they are recognised as a state, they're a terrorist organisation committing criminal acts. They can't be at war.

It's about time we engaged and neutralised that threat once and for all, and waded in and cut through the politicking bullcrap-by-proxy meted out by Assad, Erdogan and the others in the region.

Yeah, because that's always worked in the past, none of the current problems are anything to do with similar responses in the past...

Force might well be the best option at the moment, but I don't believe for a minute that it will solve the problem long term.

These actions are quite clearly crimes. We don't normally use the military to execute people without a trial though...

---------- Post added 08-09-2015 at 09:23 ----------

So if the government accuses you of being a terrorist you'll be okay with losing all your rights, including the right to a trial? It's perfectly okay for a soldier to shoot you in the street is it?

Terrorism is clearly criminal, and we have a legal system to deal with criminals, no part of that legal system involves the military or lethal force.

Do you think the met should have sent a couple of officers over to Syria to arrest them? :loopy:

I'll see your parental moral rights, and raise you the utterly complete and steadfast absence of any 'morals' of any sort exhibited by ISIS and its members.

When ISIS starts to exhibit some level of morality, I might lend an ear. The West has exhibited boatloads so far. Too much, which is how and why ISIS (and jihadists of all sorts before, in Iraq and Afghanistan) have had the going relatively easy.

Meanwhile, don't waste your breath/posts on me, for I have precisely less than zero empathy for IS members and their families. Except where the family can be provably shown to have done everything they could to try and stop the lad or girl from joining and going (and after watching 4+ years of news, documentaries, in-depth reports and more in English, French and German media, it looks to me there's precious few of these families).

The lads' parents knew where they had gone, why and what the lads were doing, and knew about ISIS at least to the same extent you, I and every other Joe Bloggs does, if not more.

They neither deserve nor need any further answers, they've long had time to make their peace with their kids' choice and to prepare for the bad news.

So you're happy with extra judicial killing so long as it's been established by the media that someone is connected with ISIS?

I fully expect the government to release some (maybe not all) the intelligence they had, in an effort to prove that the action they've taken is legal. Because otherwise the possibility that it isn't won't go away and Cameron will end up being accused of war crimes much like Bliar and the weapons of mass destruction that Iraq had.