Is opposing immigration racist?

Is opposing immigration racist  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Is opposing immigration racist

• Yes
    • No

So despite you knowing the leader is racist behind closed doors, you are happy to condone a policy they designed? I don't really buy that.

That's ok because I'm not selling it, UKIP are, and to a couple of million too.

When I get time later I'll try (not very hard mind) to dig up examples of people calling UKIP supporters racist yet I reckon a few may have voted no on this poll

---------- Post added 08-09-2015 at 12:29 ----------

Poll is too simple. I think it depends on your reasons for opposing immigration.

Thanks for the advice maybe you could give me some ideas on what options you would've put on the poll rather than a simple yes/no ?

---------- Post added 08-09-2015 at 12:30 ----------

I wonder how that pans out with Mrs Farage.

I don't really care what Nigel thinks I care and agree about UKIP policies

Edited by pretty_big

You could argue that the main reason people don't want immigration is to protect what they have, thereby inferring that they think what they have is superior...

Devil's advocate and all that.

You could, but believing that one's car, house, TV, lifestyle is superior to that of a would be immigrant wouldn't make you a racist.

I might think that my race is inferior to all other races and that everything I have is down to good luck and that if we allow superior races into the country it won't be long before I have nothing and they have everything.

Prejudiced, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is inferior wouldn't be racist. ;)

I don't really care what Nigel thinks I care and agree about UKIP policies

Nigel Farage IS ukip. What he thinks is ukip strategy/policy. Duh!

---------- Post added 08-09-2015 at 13:35 ----------

He's quite clearly racist, just google for a list of all the racist things he's said in the past.

Dont forget his entourage also. Mind you he has sacked a few of them..then again he had to, even though he probably didn't want to.

In my opinion what he said doesn't make him a racist, but then I use the correct definition of racist, unlike many people that invent their own definition.

I've put 'No' as it is usually used to close down debate about immigration and asylum and this has proven to be dangerous in recent years.

We cannot keep importing huge numbers of people from all over the world.

It is hugely damage to our society and we need to find alternative solutions to fill any supposed labour shortages, like increasing educational spending for both youths and adults.

We need to keep Britain British.