U turn by the tories.

Now I know there's a lot going on with the international news. There always is, but one thing that has seemed to slip by,like other information concerning us is the U turn on weekly bin emptying which Cameron made one of his election promises.

I only just happened to notice it in one newspaper, and I do think it,s a bit shameful that he did that.

Now before anyone says I shouldn't have voted for him, let's just remember,here anyway, who did away with a weekly collection,

We have weekly bin collections.

I have also thought Derbyshire CC do a better job.

---------- Post added 08-09-2015 at 15:56 ----------

It didnt work as the tories only guaranteed funding for a year and the council had to agree to it for about 5 years I think.

Hence no council took them up on it.

Either way woodmally, it must have influenced how some people voted.

Most people want both bins emptying every week, not the blue then black intermittently, but of course you knew that really, you were just being a pedant. :roll:

No i'm being accurate, i have a bin emptied every week.

The job gets done,it simply means i take a millisecond to seperate items.

Apart from idleness what is the benefit of emptying every bin every week?

Do most people actually want them emptying weekly, or just some of them?

We certainly don't "want it".

In the run up to the election I'm sure the Tories said they wanted to devolve power closer to the people, so why micromanage when bins are going to be emptied. Surely that's the responsibility of the council.....

I do know that the issue of bins was an issue that the Daily Mail campaigned on, so maybe Cameron felt like he had to keep them on side :confused:

Most people want both bins emptying every week, not the blue then black intermittently, but of course you knew that really, you were just being a pedant. :roll:

My world fell apart when fortnightly collection was suggested. Then came the Tories with their pledge, in despair I ran to them prepared to sell my soul (vote) because politically bins were my only concern. I'm now on medication because of this deception.

All my other neighbors with children have adjusted (envy) saying that you can actually manage waste by compressing and sorting. Tins flattened etc...Keeps massive trucks off the rd, holding up other traffic and knocking off wing mirrors. A little extra work I know but all that can crushing by hand can give you man hands.

I'll never vote Tory again unless they pledge in their manifesto free psychoanalysis and medication to those tempted should they ever do a u-turn in the future. Might be a bit of irony there...

Now before anyone says I shouldn't have voted for him, let's just remember,here anyway, who did away with a weekly collection,

If you consider one week normal waste, the next recyclables, then it is every week.

The Tories have broken loads of promises since 2010, this is just a small one.