Are people with disabilities normal?

Inferring that disabled people aren't normal

With 64 million people living in the UK, how many will be 'normal, the middle 20 million?

Just another word for average, its just Tory bashing, a very enjoyable pass-time, but give the man a break.

---------- Post added 08-09-2015 at 21:05 ----------

I have a lazy eye. Am I normal?

Me too ;)

normal

Pronunciation: /ˈnɔːm(ə)l/

adjective

1 Conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected:

it’s quite normal for puppies to bolt their food

normal working hours

1.1 (Of a person) free from physical or mental disorders:

until her accident Louise had been a perfectly normal little girl

many previously normal people exhibit psychotic symptoms after a few nights without sleep

You can close the question now. :)

Iain Duncan Smith today:

"I think the figure is now over 220,000, which I believe is the highest figure since records began, in proportionate terms, but the most important point is that we are looking to get that up to the level of normal, non-disabled people who are back in work. Those with disabilities have every right and every reason to expect exactly the same support into work that everybody else gets,”

Inferring that disabled people aren't normal, isn't perhaps the worst thing that Iain Duncan Smith has done in his controversial reign at the DWP, but I do think it is indicative of his discriminatory attitude. And reflects the complete lack of empathy shown by the DWP to jobseekers in general, and disabled people in particular under his reign.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/sep/08/iain-duncan-smith-disability-normal-commons

Try and read the comments without vomiting blood. it's jam-packed with people terribly, middle-classly outraged and demanding it be immediately accepted that everyone is exactly the same and we should refer to anyone with a difference (oops, am I allowed to say that?) with a 16 word PC description.

Guardian readers and Daily Mail readers are just two sides of the same coin.

If it was just a regular member of the public who made such a mistake it would be bad but forgiveable.

Problem is that IDS is responsible for benefits/support for millions of disabled people. His government are working hard to minimise the spend on them and is fond of vilifying sections of society to acheive what it wants. I can accept he may have made an innocent error (because he's thick) but it was a pretty unfortunate slip-up. Nobody should be working too hard to stick up for him.