UK set to become EU most populus country by 2060!

we can't sustain net migration at 500k per year...

What about 3060? are we going to have to live on mars...?

Climate change means that, globally, we are using too resources and emitting too much carbon; this is dependent on population size.

So the UK is over populated already, we should not add to it.

What about birthrates? We should offer free abortions ;)

Most of the growth will be in the London, Manchester and Glasgow/Edinburgh areas I would imagine.

people are living longer...eventually with the progress of biotechnology we will live for infinity...watching endless re-runs. Joy.

---------- Post added 09-09-2015 at 12:01 ----------

Climate change means that, globally, we are using too resources and emitting too much carbon; this is dependent on population size.

So the UK is over populated already, we should not add to it.

In 100 years we will run exclusively on renewable energy.

It's worth remembering that population predictions have in the past been wildly inaccurate, for example in the 1960s it was produced that the UK would have around 80 million people living in it today, but the baby boom proved to be temporary phenomenon.

What about birthrates? We should offer free abortions ;)

Most of the growth will be in the London, Manchester and Glasgow/Edinburgh areas I would imagine.

I wonder how big they'll have to grow to accommodate everyone? Will Sheffield end up with a Manchester post code? :)

choc full I imagine...and demand for housing will push house prices up, unless we build a ton of new affordable houses rapidly.

---------- Post added 09-09-2015 at 11:45 ----------

Am even wavering on the EU referendum now....

we can't sustain net migration at 500k per year...

What about 3060? are we going to have to live on mars...?

Migration to other planets was once forecast in science fiction. But from the 16th century, migrants from "overcrowded" Europe flocked to the "New World" of the Americas, and into Africa, Australia and New Zealand.

The population of Europe didn't fall, but increased.

I don't think extra-terrestrial migration will be any more succesful!

It's worth remembering that population predictions have in the past been wildly inaccurate, for example in the 1960s it was produced that the UK would have around 80 million people living in it today, but the baby boom proved to be temporary phenomenon.

We can already see locations growing 'outwards' in sheffield, much like London....maybe we will expand into the peaks?

what happens simply when space 'runs out'?

a reverse migration.....UK folks boated over to Australia....

---------- Post added 09-09-2015 at 13:22 ----------

Migration to other planets was once forecast in science fiction. But from the 16th century, migrants from "overcrowded" Europe flocked to the "New World" of the Americas, and into Africa, Australia and New Zealand.

The population of Europe didn't fall, but increased.

I don't think extra-terrestrial migration will be any more succesful!

the first mars colony is imminent...the only downside is you can never come back! (well that and no oxygen).