Blades vs Bury ..

canadablade

Is that a record for the number of yellow cards at BDTBL?

Bury had a game plan that could, with a different referee, have gone badly wrong. They played a fouling rotation system, where each player fouled (or dived) until he received a yellow card, then someone else took over, until he got a yellow, etc. Hard to believe they finished with a full team and no sending off.

JCR was scythed down time after time, eventually waving to the bench and pointing to his ankle, hence, he was brought off. He was our best threat.

Four missed chances on goal (headed over, etc., plus a great save from their keeper for Sammon's powerfull header) and a few people who need to just "go for it" (Woolford for example, gets the ball, charges forward, stops and looks around as to who to pass to, if no one is there, just go for it, charge at the goal and when you can't get any closer, or are being closed down, blast the ball at goal).

1st and 3rd goals were weak to let in, second was a stormer but should have closed the man down to prevent that.

The mass brawl was the highlight of the game, and as much as I like Leon Clarke, for his pace and power, he soon back tracked when Billy Sharp lost his rag.

Extremely poor refereeing but we should be used to that by now.

Brayford and Matt Done to come back, Coutts to come back and give us a bit more muscle in midfield. Bob Harris to come back and sort out that position. Rumour that two loan players will be in before the Bradford game, with both being signed up in the January window.

I thought we would go on and win the game when we equalised but at the build-up of their second goal a chap sat near me was calling "don't let him shoot" and he repeated this twice after this and all the time Mcevely was along side their player who then scored with a very good shot
Watch the video. McEveley was busy with the wide man. It was Billy Sharp's failure to track back that allowed their guy to have the shot.

A below par performance by the Blades, AGAINST A VERY VERY PHYSICAL Bury side, mixed with a Goalkeeper that had a blinder, a world class goal, and a bad ref who should be sacked on Monday.

United missed their chances but overall, no complaints. we lost and take it on the chin.

Like I've said before you can't expect teams to lie down for you.

It was Sammon the left wing, not Sharp.

Neither should be on the left wing though.

Sorry. My mistake. It was Wallace, and he just watched the guy stroll in and let his shot go. He'll be getting a b*****king, I expect. McEveley did what he should have done with his man. Here's the video - watch from 1:20

We were lucky to get a pen as well. It shouldn't have been. Wallace was tripped outside the box and fell into it.

Sorry. My mistake. It was Wallace, and he just watched the guy stroll in and let his shot go. He'll be getting a b*****king, I expect. McEveley did what he should have done with his man. Here's the video - watch from 1:20

We were lucky to get a pen as well. It shouldn't have been. Wallace was tripped outside the box and fell into it.

Ah, the one watching him just shoot ha ha.

You're right about Mcevely on that goal, but he was at fault for the other 2.