Visiting Sheffield

BMTH

Hey Sheffield, thought I'd join up and ask some opinions about your city! I'm 23, not particularly doing a lot with my life right now. I grew up and currently live in a crap town in the West Midlands.

Been doing a lot of research about places to visit, nice places. Yorkshire came up a lot so I narrowed it down to a few towns/cities and thought Sheffield would be a safe bet. Well known and not far from me. I'm tempted to take a spontaneous trip up Friday and stop over on my own, check out the sights. Never done anything like this before but I feel like I've been stuck in a rut lately I need a kick up the backside. What's the general atmosphere like up there? I'm quite shy and suck at meeting new people but I've heard the friendliness of people up north compared to south is mad.

I won't drone on too much and I appreciate any feedback, even if it a 'save your money' reply! Cheers

Well, many students who come to Sheffield stay here after graduating, which says a lot. I came originally from near where you are, and it was always my goal to move up here, which I did years ago.

There is plenty to do and see in Sheffield. No doubt some posts to follow will knock it, but come up and see for yourself. Good luck.