My daughters school has banned crisps !!

Didnt they have a tuck shop when you were at school, and then when you get home from school there was the shop across the street, with the sweets at 1p each.

lol.. Takes me back. We also had a big leather belt and got hit two straps on each hand. They should bring it back!

---------- Post added 10-09-2015 at 01:00 ----------

a half penny each.

---------- Post added 10-09-2015 at 01:02 ----------

10 blackjacks and 10 fruitsalids for 10p.

---------- Post added 10-09-2015 at 01:09 ----------

just to show off when i started big school we could get a massive plate of custard for 1p.

10 fags, bottle of ginger for 37p

---------- Post added 10-09-2015 at 01:18 ----------

To anyone not sure what a bottel of jinger is ... Irn-bru.

I am in the process of looking into why crisps have been banned, chocolate too, apparently.

The kids have been given a talk, but no letter home. If they did it properly, and banning certain foods let to better children, I might be in favour. My daughter loves cheese, they would need to ban cheese to have any effect on my daughter; unless there is some deadly e-number in the banned substances.

So, they banned above the ankle shoes, tight trousers, chocolate, crisps, ear rings, shaven hair, hand bags wrong colour hair, and loads of other stuff.

I wonder if people can spot children from this school at 100yds, or is the same at other schools?

I've had a great idea. Kids could invest in some spray-on bright hair colour. Spray their hair in morning, be kicked out at 0910, go to the gates, meet the Mother (who is tweeting the Star with a rant and selfie), the kid could put these, these and these on, eat a Twix and some Cheese and Onion crisps, go on holiday, come back, change back, pour water over their head, and be back for lunch, and now within the rules :)

Missing double-RE and it's a bonus :D

What I've found in life is when somebody says you can't have something the more I want it!! Crisps were banned at my kids school a few years back and even though I'd never really given them crisps or choc on a regular basis it made me want to!! :hihi:

I understand banning selling certain things within the school, because kids don't exactly have self control. But banning parents even packing them up?

Snacking is supposed to be healthy. So I'm curious, what snacks are okay?

What about diabetics?

Crisps aren't inherently unhealthy, within moderation.

Feed them GRUEL.

hear hear!!

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about TBH!

If parent's don't like the fact that their dumpy little darlings can't get calorie loaded confectionery during school time then they can ram the stuff down their throats at night time can't they! and then when the kid ends up overweight and struggles with what they eat then at least the parent can be blamed and not someone else!! Simple enough to me.

---------- Post added 10-09-2015 at 09:05 ----------

I've had a great idea. Kids could invest in some spray-on bright hair colour. Spray their hair in morning, be kicked out at 0910, go to the gates, meet the Mother (who is tweeting the Star with a rant and selfie), the kid could put these, these and these on, eat a Twix and some Cheese and Onion crisps, go on holiday, come back, change back, pour water over their head, and be back for lunch, and now within the rules :)

Missing double-RE and it's a bonus :D

:hihi::hihi::thumbsup: