My daughters school has banned crisps !!

Looking at the number of fat kids you see these days and the number of children with type 2 diabetes. Its a good thing schools are taking it upon themselves to prevent children from possible harm in later life. The parents should be thanking the school for the help, not complaining.

If parent's don't like the fact that their dumpy little darlings can't get calorie loaded confectionery during school time then they can ram the stuff down their throats at night time can't they!

In which case the rules will not affect positively, so are a waste of time.

---------- Post added 10-09-2015 at 10:37 ----------

I suggest you organise a march, it's the in-thing these days :thumbsup:

Must make sure she has changed out of her uniform, apparently the school requires full uniform untill they get home.

In which case the rules will not affect positively, so are a waste of time.

---------- Post added 10-09-2015 at 10:37 ----------

Must make sure she has changed out of her uniform, apparently the school requires full uniform untill they get home.

It's your child! take responsibility for it...

That is what I do, but it seems that I am not responsible for her in relation to these matters.

The only thing any parent should concern themselves with whilst their children are in school is that they are safe and their grades are good!

It really isn't a bad thing that kids are being stopped from filling their bodies with sugar and fat! Tis a good thing..

The only thing any parent should concern themselves with whilst their children are in school is that they are safe and their grades are good!

It really isn't a bad thing that kids are being stopped from filling their bodies with sugar and fat! Tis a good thing..

So a parent shouldn't concern themselves with what that parent is putting into the packed lunch that they take with them?

That doesn't make a lot of sense really.

I'm off for a sandwich and a bag of crisps.

---------- Post added 10-09-2015 at 12:17 ----------

Looking at the number of fat kids you see these days and the number of children with type 2 diabetes. Its a good thing schools are taking it upon themselves to prevent children from possible harm in later life. The parents should be thanking the school for the help, not complaining.

Is a bag of crisps as part of a packed lunch actually a problem? Will banning them somehow address child obesity? :suspect:

Is a bag of crisps as part of a packed lunch actually a problem? Will banning them somehow address child obesity? :suspect:

It may not be only be about obesity.

My dentist friend told me that the greatest causes of tooth decay in children is from eating crisps as they clog up the gaps in teeth making them more prone to decay.

It may not be only be about obesity.

My dentist friend told me that the greatest causes of tooth decay in children is from eating crisps as they clog up the gaps in teeth making them more prone to decay.

I wasn't allowed salt and vinegar crisps when I was a child, I was told they are bad for your teeth. Either that or they were my dad's favourite flavour and he was keeping them all for himself :suspect:

I didn't have any fillings until I was 25, so maybe they were on to something....