My daughters school has banned crisps !!

I wasn't allowed salt and vinegar crisps when I was a child, I was told they are bad for your teeth. Either that or they were my dad's favourite flavour and he was keeping them all for himself :suspect:

I didn't have any fillings until I was 25, so maybe they were on to something....

I'm 42. I don't eat crisps, eat sweets or drink fizzy pop. I don't have any fillings. 100% natural ivory throughout, no work ever done bar the annual check, x-ray and clean/polish.

They were onto something ;)

So a parent shouldn't concern themselves with what that parent is putting into the packed lunch that they take with them?

That doesn't make a lot of sense really.

I'm off for a sandwich and a bag of crisps.

---------- Post added 10-09-2015 at 12:17 ----------

Is a bag of crisps as part of a packed lunch actually a problem? Will banning them somehow address child obesity? :suspect:

Oh look!! Cyclones here to dissect and maim our posts! yaaaaaye

I don't think we disagree actually. You said that it's up to parents to parent, and I agree.

So the school should perhaps stop selling crisps, but it should keep it's nose out of what parents choose to send in packed lunches.

It's not going to hurt the kids if they go without crisps and chocolate for a few hours in the day is it.

More emphasis on healthy eating is needed in schools and banning confectionery is the way forward IN MY OPINION.

Once they get home then it is entirely up to the parents if they wish to feed their precious little dumplings crisps and sweeties..

It's not going to hurt them if they have a bag of crisps with lunch.

"It's not going to hurt them" is a terrible justification for banning something.

It should be entirely up to parents what is sent in a packed lunch.

Yeah but a banana would be even better than a bag of crisps wouldn't it.

Not all parents are responsible Cyclone and I think it is up to the schools to look out for the wellbeing of their pupils.

Children are fleeing war torn countries as we write!! if some podgy little kids can't go without a pack of crisps during their lunch then there's somert up!

Yeah but a banana would be even better than a bag of crisps wouldn't it.

But the school have a limit for fruit juice, all that sugar, loads of sugar and calories in bananas.

These rules were brought in by Michael Gove, so its country wide. Might be a good idea to fight our obesity levels in other ways.