Everyday sexism or harmless fun?

TJC1

I can't understand all the fuss about this, we all know women can be a bit temperamental at times, ( I think it's something to do with hormones) and we of the stronger sex understand this.

My missus has got the narks on at the moment because I'm on here instead of helping her paint the fascias and barge boards,good grief I rang her mate to come round and hold the ladder, you can't please some people. She was just the same when she was re-laying the garden path, I told her to be careful with the slabs, either keep her back straight or get her next door to give a hand.she actually told me to hiss off, at least that's what it sounded like and she doesn't usually use bad language.

Women know your place!

Now the where's that camouflage flak jacket? I put it down in the garden and can't find it.

Link here (before the usual suspects ask ;))

Publishing private correspondence and amoral dishonesty?

Correct that: after this exposure of her clear double standards, she has no career left in the legal profession.

Well seeing as shes nothing more than a hypocrite trying to make trouble, any tiny shred of credibility she may have had has now gone. Anyone defending her in any way also has ZERO cred.

lol

]

This is one of the most ridiculous non-stories I've read in a long time. :hihi:

It was a creepy message and he was wrong to send it, but it could easily have been rebuffed privately. If you can get so offended at receiving a compliment, albeit unwanted, then clearly you have a very comfortable life indeed.

Since when did finding someone attractive become sexist anyway? If a woman said the same to a man, should he read some deep sexist meaning to it too? Or just take it as a compliment and accept that even in artificial corporate environments, we're still just human beings programmed to procreate to continue our species.

As for the man.... should've gone to Specsavers. :hihi:

It's not finding someone attractive that is sexists. It's using a business forum to tell a stranger half your age that they're attractive that's sexist.

---------- Post added 12-09-2015 at 09:05 ----------

The daily mail posted screenshots where she commented on mens pictures...one saying 'oo la la' and the other saying 'hot stuff'.

double standards. Zero credibility.

Weren't those on facebook?

Is this gone too far? it seems harmless enough...

Why do females post selfies, pictures on facebook if they dont wish to be objectified? Ive seen it countless times, and some blatantly professional people. It seems like some women treat as an ego boost.

I find this confliction very strange.

---------- Post added 10-09-2015 at 12:44 ----------

And it weakens the feminist debate...if you don't want comments and want to be taken seriously stop posting pictures on 'social' media and sexualising yourself would be my suggestion....

I think she went too far but also think she was right, in the right setting there is nothing wrong with what he said, in the wrong setting its a bit creepy, this was the wrong setting for such a compliment.

It's not finding someone attractive that is sexists. It's using a business forum to tell a stranger half your age that they're attractive that's sexist.

Mate, stop digging, The cats out of the bag, shes a media whore who wants attention but shes now been rumbled.

Shes a two faced hypocrite trying to make her name at the expense of someone else good name.

Note. By media Whore i mean media hungry, not that she likes to pleasure herself with ipods and stuff.

No, that's not sexist either. It's inappropriate, creepy, possibly a bit pervy, but not sexist. If a woman said similar to a man in the same context, nobody would think that was sexist either.

No, that's not sexist either. It's inappropriate, creepy, possibly a bit pervy, but not sexist. If a woman said similar to a man in the same context, nobody would think that was sexist either.

Creepy and pervy might be a better description to be fair, I'll give you that.

---------- Post added 12-09-2015 at 10:40 ----------

Mate, stop digging, The cats out of the bag, shes a media whore who wants attention but shes now been rumbled.

Shes a two faced hypocrite trying to make her name at the expense of someone else good name.

Note. By media Whore i mean media hungry, not that she likes to pleasure herself with ipods and stuff.

Doesn't seem to be true at all. If you think facebook and linkedIn are the same then you're using one of them wrong.

Creepy and pervy might be a better description to be fair, I'll give you that.

---------- Post added 12-09-2015 at 10:40 ----------

Doesn't seem to be true at all. If you think facebook and linkedIn are the same then you're using one of them wrong.

:hihi::hihi:

Was he objectifying her? Debatable, the email itself doesn't contain enough evidence to conclude this

Were his comments offensive? That's down to the individual who receives it

Was it appropriate behaviour? No absolutely not, within the realm of business

Was her photo inappropriate, is it her own fault? Of course not, you'd have to be an ignorant bigot to think so

Commenting on her picture is immediately inappropriate, you wouldn't do it to someones face, particularly not a stranger, and that's exactly the same thing.

I've commented to (complimented) strangers on their appearance, I don't see any problem with it. I wouldn't do it within a work environment (either real world or online) though, it's just not professional.

She may or may not have overreacted to his comments, that's not my place to judge. If it were this comment alone, I'd assume it as a (flirty) compliment, although "stunning" is rather an enthusiastic word to use to compliment someone (I personally dislike it, it reminds me of people on Facebook who feel obliged to say such things every time their friend, once again, posts a glamorous selfie).

However, his comments on his own daughter are a little odd and rather creepy, in my opinion. It could be that Ms. Proudman looked up his facebook page and built a better picture of him before she came to a conclusion about the email she received.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/lawyer-slammed-for-linkedin-sexism-said-his-daughter-looked-hot-on-facebook-10496074.html

"Whilst I should not encourage lascivious comments about my daughter ... Yeee gods she is hot!!"

---------- Post added 15-09-2015 at 10:22 ----------

I don't see how it's sexist, it's certainly inappropriate though.

Edited by RootsBooster