Everyday sexism or harmless fun?

TJC1

Commenting on her picture is immediately inappropriate,

No its not. lol.

you wouldn't do it to someones face, particularly not a stranger, and that's exactly the same thing.

Erm, yes people do this. This is how they meet, have sex and procreate.

so if she feels that, send a private message simply saying 'I find your comments inappropriate' - why publicly shame, distribute to media and grandstand about it?

:confused:

Because a private message doesn't achieve anything. He doesn't change, nobody else changes, other people still think that commenting on women's appearance is perfectly acceptable in a business context.

Making it clear in public that it isn't acceptable might cause someone to reassess themselves and stop that kind of behaviour. I doubt he'll do it again for example.

---------- Post added 10-09-2015 at 15:33 ----------

Erm, yes people do this. This is how they meet, have sex and procreate.

Are you in an office environment?

Try going up to a female employee that you don't know and tell her how she looks good.

Get back to us on whether you have the opportunity to procreate or are up for a disciplinary hearing next week.

Commenting on her picture is immediately inappropriate, you wouldn't do it to someones face, particularly not a stranger, and that's exactly the same thing.

oh of course you would, you would say nice hair,jewellery, nice outfit or some other compliment its polite not innapropriate, to be inappropriate would be nice A.., t..s etc etc

Commenting on her picture is immediately inappropriate, you wouldn't do it to someones face, particularly not a stranger, and that's exactly the same thing.

The first time my boyfriend approached me he said 'you have the most beautiful smile I have ever seen'

7 yrs on and were very happy together.

Imagine if I had gone to the papers straight away indignant with rage!! :hihi:

Try going up to a female employee that you don't know and tell her how she looks good.

Get back to us on whether you have the opportunity to procreate or are up for a disciplinary hearing next week.

Been there, done that, ended up dating her for 7 months. It was a good 7 months. I was 34, shes was 22 :D

It worked for me

Originally Posted by Cyclone

my office girls sometimes compliment me and others on shirts or haircut and we do the same , shoes , outfits, hair , new make up etc and no offence is ever taken and we all get on very well....strange office you work in:roll:

You felt the NEED to inform us you are a woman..the point is you are complicit. Being a woman doesn't somehow negate you from misogyny. There are women who directly and indirectly reinforce it, which empowers it.

Whatevs dude! I was just offering my opinion.

---------- Post added 10-09-2015 at 15:47 ----------

Originally Posted by Cyclone

my office girls sometimes compliment me and others on shirts or haircut and we do the same , shoes , outfits, hair , new make up etc and no offence is ever taken and we all get on very well....strange office you work in:roll:

Who reckons Cyclone has had his wrist slapped in the past for being a naughty boy with the ladies in the office!

One does protest too much :suspect: