Everyday sexism or harmless fun?

TJC1

Commenting on her picture is immediately inappropriate, you wouldn't do it to someones face, particularly not a stranger, and that's exactly the same thing.

you wouldnt say 'stunning picture' to a stranger if it was a nice picture?

I would.

Clearly the comment was inappropriate. If you can't see that then there's little hope for you really.

I believe that a significant number of people meet their 'significant other' through work... myself included. Testing the waters is an unavoidable first step in the pulling process and I really think that we are taking political correctness too far when the most gentlest of flirting is considered 'inappropriate'.

I don't know what's happened to you of late Cyclone... I'm sure you never used to be such a delicate soul. You dating Halibut or something? :D

Originally Posted by Cyclone

Are you in an office environment?

Try going up to a female employee that you don't know and tell her how she looks good.

my office girls sometimes compliment me and others on shirts or haircut and we do the same , shoes , outfits, hair , new make up etc and no offence is ever taken and we all get on very well....strange office you work in:roll:

nobody talks to anybody in cyclones world...the man's a rock and an island.:hihi:

Lots of people meet through work, but you don't normally start that relationship by walking up to a stranger and commenting on their physical appearance.

---------- Post added 10-09-2015 at 16:00 ----------

you wouldnt say 'stunning picture' to a stranger if it was a nice picture?

I would.

In a business context. No, because I'm not a creep.

I believe that a significant number of people meet their 'significant other' through work... myself included. Testing the waters is an unavoidable first step in the pulling process and I really think that we are taking political correctness too far when the most gentlest of flirting is considered 'inappropriate'.

I don't know what's happened to you of late Cyclone... I'm sure you never used to be such a delicate soul. You dating Halibut or something? :D

:hihi::hihi: maybe they are one and the same??

The first time my boyfriend approached me he said 'you have the most beautiful smile I have ever seen'

7 yrs on and were very happy together.

Imagine if I had gone to the papers straight away indignant with rage!! :hihi:

He did that in the office, when you'd no previous contact did he?