Everyday sexism or harmless fun?

TJC1

Sure, I bet he compliments loads of men in exactly the same way!

Why don't you start up a sexist right wing area, I can avoid it, and you and your fellow posters can revel in extra-judicial executions and misogyny. You can probably also talk about how the city centre is a no go zone, and how all the homeless are just liars out there for your money.

misogyny? you sound as deluded as that feminazi lawyer.

Edited by TJC1

So that was someone you already knew. Not a strangers first contact with you.

Quite a different scenario really.

This is the point everyone has ignored in favour of little anecdotes about their sexual prowess with those who are not strangers..

It's the 'wolf whistle gang' out in force again.

She published the correspondence. I don't see how that can be considered inappropriate.

I don't think she's given anybody a bad name.

Apart from trying to destroy his name and career over something so trivial in a structured and deliberate fashion to further her own cause - she did nothing wrong.

---------- Post added 10-09-2015 at 17:27 ----------

looks like it's backfired....http://www.legalcheek.com/2015/09/boss-of-top-legal-aid-firm-vows-to-never-instruct-linkedin-message-barrister-charlotte-proudman-again/

---------- Post added 10-09-2015 at 17:27 ----------

Boss of top legal aid firm vows to never instruct LinkedIn message barrister Charlotte Proudman again

Sure, I bet he compliments loads of men in exactly the same way!

Why don't you start up a sexist right wing area, I can avoid it, and you and your fellow posters can revel in extra-judicial executions and misogyny. You can probably also talk about how the city centre is a no go zone, and how all the homeless are just liars out there for your money.

blimey i bet you're fun at parties:roll:

I think you are all missing the point here. Whilst I agree that the lady should not have gone so far as to publicly air her offence, in her defence, she had a very professional (no mini skirt, nor ramped up cleavage) picture, displayed on her professional work profile. This isn’t Facebook. This is LinkedIN. People who use this site correctly, use it to connect with other professionals who work in their area of expertise. I would find it rather disturbing if I were to be messaged by someone who commented on my photograph, and did not mention the business/professional context in which they wish to connect with me. Now, contrast that with Facebook, where I do have a select few ‘selfies’ on show, and if some random man were to leave a comment saying I looked pretty (never gonna happen, but hey-ho!), I would think it was a nice compliment. I would be creeped out, since my FB profile is private - but you get the point. Facebook is for comments such as this man’s, and LinkedIN is for professional business/research/jobs/ etc.

I think you are all missing the point here. Whilst I agree that the lady should not have gone so far as to publicly air her offence, in her defence, she had a very professional (no mini skirt, nor ramped up cleavage) picture, displayed on her professional work profile. This isn’t Facebook. This is LinkedIN. People who use this site correctly, use it to connect with other professionals who work in their area of expertise. I would find it rather disturbing if I were to be messaged by someone who commented on my photograph, and did not mention the business/professional context in which they wish to connect with me. Now, contrast that with Facebook, where I do have a select few ‘selfies’ on show, and if some random man were to leave a comment saying I looked pretty (never gonna happen, but hey-ho!), I would think it was a nice compliment. I would be creeped out, since my FB profile is private - but you get the point. Facebook is for comments such as this man’s, and LinkedIN is for professional business/research/jobs/ etc.

She messaged him first....and he did mention the professional context.

I thought he was being generous and complimentary...It's amazing what photoshop can do.

If LinkedIn is solely for business networking, why post a photograph in the first place?

If you choose to post a photograph, why do you use one that presents you as attractive as possible?

If you want to accuse some of behaving unacceptably, why not make sure that you are not guilty of similar actions, yourself?

If LinkedIn is solely for business networking, why post a photograph in the first place?

If you choose to post a photograph, why do you use one that presents you as attractive as possible?

If you want to accuse some of behaving unacceptably, why not make sure that you are not guilty of similar actions, yourself?

Yes people in glass houses....

If roles were reversed would he object to a woman saying he is attractive I dont think any men would. So why do women have a problem with it.

I would be flattered if I received such a complement from a woman. It has gone to far.

Getting compliments day in day night, does get a bit too much. Was flattering at first but now it gets a bit tiresome :hihi: