Banning protests in South Yorkshire?

ryder8904

There is talk in todays star from Rotherham council and South Yorkshire police, looking at the possibility of banning far right protesters (and counter protesters) from protesting in South Yorkshire.

They quote a £4million cost to policing these recent protests.

I would normally always support the right to protest, but the thing is the majority of these protesters (on both sides) are not from the local area, they are targeting here for political reasons. So I say limit them if not ban them.

Ban what exactly? It is difficult to phrase so it encompasses the things you think need banning without also catching others.

There's already plenty of legislation on the books that could be applied. I doubt we need more.

You can bet that any new legislation would be so broadly drafted that it covers pretty much anything that the police might find inconvenient to them.

Ban what exactly? It is difficult to phrase so it encompasses the things you think need banning without also catching others.

There's already plenty of legislation on the books that could be applied. I doubt we need more.

You can bet that any new legislation would be so broadly drafted that it covers pretty much anything that the police might find inconvenient to them.

Protest in your own area. **** on your own doorstep, dont come to South Yorkshire to take a dump of your stupid ideas.

Protest in your own area. **** on your own doorstep, dont come to South Yorkshire to take a dump of your stupid ideas.

how can they be stupid ideas though have you read the news on rotherham or didnt it happen i agree protesting and carry it on is a bit daft especialy because it is seeming to turn a a bit nasty like the incident on saturday .

....are not from the local area

So, no more big demonstrations in London then?

Remember the millions who marched against the Iraq war?

Contingents arrived in the capital from about 250 cities and towns across the UK.

LINK

Or are we going to adopt a Not In My Backyard policy and allow "not from the local area" demonstrators in London, but not in the provinces?