Banning protests in South Yorkshire?

ryder8904

Instead of talking about banning they should be talking with the Government about providing a central fund to pay for the policing of these marches. That way it wont put a big dent in the local police funds.

Mind you I have always thought that a central police force would be better and more cost effective than regional forces.

I wonder if they think the planned Refugee march should be banned also?

There is talk in todays star from Rotherham council and South Yorkshire police, looking at the possibility of banning far right protesters (and counter protesters) from protesting in South Yorkshire.

They quote a £4million cost to policing these recent protests.

I would normally always support the right to protest, but the thing is the majority of these protesters (on both sides) are not from the local area, they are targeting here for political reasons. So I say limit them if not ban them.

The problem isnt the protesters its everyones reaction to them. I take it we are refering to the EDL here. The EDL are trolls they will go round marching just to wind folk up taking the local chav yoofs with them to protest.

Every time the UAF (anti facists) turn up and there is a riot. The solution is when the EDL turn up. Everyone just ignore them and go about their business. Send them to coventry. They will soon get bored and stop.

The problem isnt the protesters its everyones reaction to them. I take it we are refering to the EDL here. The EDL are trolls they will go round marching just to wind folk up taking the local chav yoofs with them to protest.

Every time the UAF (anti facists) turn up and there is a riot. The solution is when the EDL turn up. Everyone just ignore them and go about their business. Send them to coventry. They will soon get bored and stop.

I'm no fan of the UAF but giving fascists unchallenged dominance of the streets when they march is not the answer.

I'm no fan of the UAF but giving fascists unchallenged dominance of the streets when they march is not the answer.

What would you think would happen if no one challenged them and ignored them? I would say nothing. They are small men with big egos and eager for a fight. Dont give them attention, dont fight back they would get bored and not bother.

What would you think would happen if no one challenged them and ignored them? I would say nothing. They are small men with big egos and eager for a fight. Dont give them attention, dont fight back they would get bored and not bother.

Are you related to Neville Chamberlain by any chance?

There is talk in todays star from Rotherham council and South Yorkshire police, looking at the possibility of banning far right protesters (and counter protesters) from protesting in South Yorkshire.

They quote a £4million cost to policing these recent protests.

I would normally always support the right to protest, but the thing is the majority of these protesters (on both sides) are not from the local area, they are targeting here for political reasons. So I say limit them if not ban them.

aren't the protests in rotherham because 1400 underaged girls were groomed by gangs of mainly pakistani origin and because of the ethnicity of the rapists the police and local authorities did nothing.

should people be allowed to protest about that or should we all turn a blind eye as well. as it takes 2 to tango, if those who wanted the whole thing brushed under the table did not turn out to confront those bringing things into the spotlight it wouldn't require a huge police presence.

perhaps if the police hadn't turned a blind eye to the abuse of underaged girls they wouldn't be having to police marches about it.

---------- Post added 10-09-2015 at 23:52 ----------

Instead of talking about banning they should be talking with the Government about providing a central fund to pay for the policing of these marches. That way it wont put a big dent in the local police funds.

Mind you I have always thought that a central police force would be better and more cost effective than regional forces.

I wonder if they think the planned Refugee march should be banned also?

i thought the governments response was to declare rotherham council unfit to run the city and send in administrators to run it properly.

So, no more big demonstrations in London then?

Remember the millions who marched against the Iraq war?

The Iraq war decision was taken by the national government so it would be right to have a march anywhere in the UK against government policy. There were other marches elsewhere in the UK at the time.

This is just about Rotherham or South Yorkshire at most. The EDL, Britain First, et al, are mainly just bandwagon-jumpers from elsewhere. Having said that they have the right to demonstrate, get drunk and get arrested.