Pub lunch on a Sunday, somewhere towards the south west of city

medusa

Can I have some recommendations please for somewhere to take someone for lunch on Sunday?

She's vegetarian and we're more interested in interesting food and nice place than huge portions. She's also staying in Dore and doesn't drive, so although I could pick her up and take her somewhere it would be nice to stay over that side of the city and I'm so used to being around north Sheffield that I don't really have any brilliant ideas.

Reviews gratefully received :)

Thanks, but I don't want to take a vegetarian to a carvery as there is very little to interest them generally.

If we're heading out into the Peak District the food at the Scotsman's Pack is fabulous, but I was looking for somewhere inside the city really.

---------- Post added 10-09-2015 at 20:51 ----------

The Inn at Troway. The sort of place my wife would take her mother. Great food,great service, easy parking, easily accessable.

Ooooh, now that looks like a potential- thank you :)

Can I have some recommendations please for somewhere to take someone for lunch on Sunday?

She's vegetarian and we're more interested in interesting food and nice place than huge portions. She's also staying in Dore and doesn't drive, so although I could pick her up and take her somewhere it would be nice to stay over that side of the city and I'm so used to being around north Sheffield that I don't really have any brilliant ideas.

Reviews gratefully received :)

Pub lunch on Sunday. ...vegetarian? Mmmmmmmm

The Beauchief hotel is nice and close to Dore.

Also the Angel at Holmesfield has a varied menu and is good.

I've been to the Beauchief and Angel many times.

Only been once but the Tickled Trout at Barlow is nice. They have an italian twist. It gets very busy so recommend you book.