Pub lunch on a Sunday, somewhere towards the south west of city

medusa

The angel at Holmesfield

Gluten free and vegetaran dishes....

---------- Post added 11-09-2015 at 06:23 ----------

The peacock.....the dore moor inn which is Dore...funny enough

How's about the cricket Inn, Totley? A few veg options....

---------- Post added 11-09-2015 at 06:23 ----------

Does she eat fish?

Can I have some recommendations please for somewhere to take someone for lunch on Sunday?

She's vegetarian and we're more interested in interesting food and nice place than huge portions. She's also staying in Dore and doesn't drive, so although I could pick her up and take her somewhere it would be nice to stay over that side of the city and I'm so used to being around north Sheffield that I don't really have any brilliant ideas.

Reviews gratefully received :)

Meadow Farm does other food on a Sunday, not just the carvery

Went to Brocco for Sunday lunch a few weeks a go and was very impressed. There is one roast of the day, a fish of the day and a vegetarian dish on the specials as well as the normal A La Carte Menu. I also believe the bus from/ to Dore stops outside The Brocco

Would suggest the Cricket Inn at totley, at least 4 main courses that are purely vegetarian plus a choice of 3 types of pasta with a veggie sauce.

Decent beer and close enough to Dore to walk. (Perhaps depends on where in Dore she lives)

Ooh! I forgot about the Cricket Inn. Thanks for the reminder DronnyDave. I haven't been there for a decade, but glad to know the vegetarian food is still hot.

Thank you for your suggestions everybody- I have no doubt that I'll use some of the ones that we didn't use this time on other occasions.

In the end we went to the Cross Scythes in Totley and it was yummy. I can heartily recommend the dessert taster plate :)