Morrissons to shut stores

TJC1

maybe the laid off employees will be took on by the likes of lidl/aldi/netto etc

Would these stores be interested in taking on ex Morrisons workers ?

I have noticed when I am in Aldi the staff seem to have a number of different tasks and always seem to be busy . I cannot say the same for some of the Morrisons staff I have observed .

I have stopped shopping in my local Morrisons because of the queues. I usually shop on a weekday evening and it was not uncommon to find only 2 or 3 checkouts open, with queues four or five customers deep. And the manager did nothing about it.

At the tobacco kiosk one poor person is trying to sell cigarettes and newspapers, lottery, electrical goods, take in and return dry cleaning and do refunds etc. on the Customer Services desk.

They launched a loyalty card that's worthless.

Shame about M Local though, I find my local one quite useful. Having said that, it's hard to go wrong when most of your customers are just buying beer/milk/tea bags!

I live closer to a Morrisons than to any other supermarket, but I would rather drive to another shop, for a whole load of reasons, including the ridiculous queues, the temperature in the store under a glass roof, incessant and unaddressed parking problems and poor quality fresh produce (which I am told by others has since been improved). However, if I can't park in a disabled bay close enough to get around the store because they are constantly full even at times when half of the rest of the car park is empty (and when Tesco and Asda would have plenty of disabled spots) then any other improvements will fail to get me back as a customer.