Cameron: "Yorkshire people hate each other"

He's obviously seen the Leeds hate on here!

Sheffielders aren't the only ones in Yorkshire who can't abide Leeds!

One thing I do like is how Yorkshire & Lancashire folk will slag each other off to high heaven until a Southerner interjects. At that point you can pretty much guarantee that both Yorkshireman and Lancashireman will turn on the Southerner!

One thing I do like is how Yorkshire & Lancashire folk will slag each other off to high heaven until a Southerner interjects. At that point you can pretty much guarantee that both Yorkshireman and Lancashireman will turn on the Southerner!

I think the Yorkshire - Lancashire hate seems to be more one sided that the other. Yorkshire folk seem to have a real chip over Lancashire, yet Lancastrians don't really seem that bothered.

Maybe they're focusing all their hate between Mancs and Scousers.

I hope it's just a joke in his speech, because then we can just take it for the hilarious, completely unpatronising, love-filled quip that it is.

Oh, wait...

It was a fairly harmless joke made when he thought the mic was turned off (always a fatal error for a senior politician)

---------- Post added 11-09-2015 at 13:20 ----------

I think the Yorkshire - Lancashire hate seems to be more one sided that the other. Yorkshire folk seem to have a real chip over Lancashire, yet Lancastrians don't really seem that bothered.

Maybe they're focusing all their hate between Mancs and Scousers.

Oh I've some across Lancastrians who love a bit of Yorkie bashing, although there is also the Manc/Scouser thing going on over there. Not to mention a few other rivalries such as Bolton v Wigan and Blackburn v Burnley.