Cameron: "Yorkshire people hate each other"

So this would be almost forgiveable had he not already made several similar gaffs, sorry lies.

Forgetting your football team and then making up at least 3 different versions of why that happened:

- I didn't write the speech

- The previous line has West Indies in and I got confused

- I had gone past the West Ham stadium the previous day

Added to this of course when he said that his daughter harassed him to vote for Will Young in X Factor despite the fact she wasn't even born when Will Young was in X Factor.

Lies just trip off his tongue don't they? So no, I'm not easily going to trust his version of events over it was just a joke in a speech because that's likely absolutely ********.

So this would be almost forgiveable had he not already made several similar gaffs, sorry lies.

Forgetting your football team and then making up at least 3 different versions of why that happened:

- I didn't write the speech

- The previous line has West Indies in and I got confused

- I had gone past the West Ham stadium the previous day

Added to this of course when he said that his daughter harassed him to vote for Will Young in X Factor despite the fact she wasn't even born when Will Young was in X Factor.

Lies just trip off his tongue don't they? So no, I'm not easily going to trust his version of events over it was just a joke in a speech because that's likely absolutely ********.

If Cameron could remember what football team he supports than maybe the fact that local rivalries exist up here wouldn't be so much of a surprise to him?

If Cameron could remember what football team he supports than maybe the fact that local rivalries exist up here wouldn't be so much of a surprise to him?

Perhaps. Or maybe if he just stopped lying to try to get people to like him and to build 'resonance', I might actually have a some respect for him regardless of whether I agree with him or not.

And of course of great irony is that he only starting saying he supported Aston Villa when he was standing to be elected as an MP in Stafford where the majority of the electorate are Villa fans. How convenient. It's the England equivalent of all the Irish politicians claiming to be dedicated Catholics.