Cameron: "Yorkshire people hate each other"

This was said in a joke while talking to Geoff Boycott and Dickie Bird on the players balcony at Headingley cricket ground who had no problem with it in the context it was said just somebody attempting to make a mountain out of a mole hill

Dickie Bird looked happy enough sat next to the Prime Minister watching the cricket yesterday .

I suspect the Prime Minister enjoyed the company of good Yorkshire folk as well .

Is he wrong really? People of Northern towns don't seem to have anything good to say about people of other northern towns, its true.

Certain people on here cretinously type "L***s" instead of Leeds, and there was a particular poster on here always calling someone "Baaaaaahnsley Bill".

---------- Post added 12-09-2015 at 20:35 ----------

He has a point.

sheffield hates Leeds.

Leeds hates bradford.

yorkshire is united in its hatred for anyone not yorkshire. Theres no love lost!

I've been to Leeds a few times and I notice that Sheffield doesn't seem to be signposted from Leeds at all. Not much anyway, like in the way that Leeds is signposted from Sheffield.

Many Sheffielders can't abide Leeds and vice versa - he seems spot on with his casual observation from being here briefly.

I am from Leeds and I dont know what you are talking about; if its just football talk then its quite a small proportion of the people.

Is he wrong really? People of Northern towns don't seem to have anything good to say about people of other northern towns, its true.

Certain people on here cretinously type "L***s" instead of Leeds, and there was a particular poster on here always calling someone "Baaaaaahnsley Bill".

---------- Post added 12-09-2015 at 20:35 ----------

I've been to Leeds a few times and I notice that Sheffield doesn't seem to be signposted from Leeds at all. Not much anyway, like in the way that Leeds is signposted from Sheffield.

And why do you think that is????

Remember the whole "War of the Monster Trucks" thing and the general perception that YTV were anti-Sheffield in general? I don't think Cameron is exactly wrong, but it's not unique to Yorkshire, it seems to be the general rule everywhere in the country. Look at Manchester and Liverpool, Portsmouth and Southampton, Ipswich and Norwich, Cardiff and Swansea, Edinburgh and Glasgow, ad infinitum.

Cameron got it wrong again as per, Yorkshire people just hate him.:hihi:

I'm a Yorkshireman, I don't hate Cameron. Hate is a strong word ... the fact that someone has different views to you shouldn't stir an emotion like that. Can you imagine Corbyn 'hates' Cameron because he has different views ... I think not!!

Then again, the comments Cameron made about not understanding Yorkshire people hating people from elsewhere in the country ... from my understanding Yorkshire people have a hatred of their fellows in the rest of Yorkshire.

I live in the south these days and the hatred is one way, southerners couldn't give a toss one way or another, it still bothers Sheffield people ... they have strange perception on life.