Missing signing on JSA because of not being informed

Why not let the OP decide whether he/she wants to tell me why they were to sick to sign on ? Why would I want to have a dig at anyone who was too ill to sign on ?

---------- Post added 11-09-2015 at 17:55 ----------

Steady on, that sounds a bit like hard work and the OP has only just recovered from being ill.

---------- Post added 11-09-2015 at 17:59 ----------

Steady on, the OP has only just recovered from being ill .

Because some people take malicious pleasure in the hardship of people who are unemployed.

Why not let the OP decide whether he/she wants to tell me why they were too sick to sign on ? Why would I want to have a dig at anyone who was too ill to sign on ?.

Are you qualified to ascertain if someone is unfit to attend a signing on? Or do you believe like happ hazzard you have to be almost dead?

Are you qualified to ascertain if someone is unfit to attend a signing on? Or do you believe like happ hazzard you have to be almost dead?

I agree with Happ Hazzard .

When people are sick they go to the Doctors which can be an unpleasant experience sitting in a waiting room especially when you feel unwell . Also people who suffer accidents may have to wait hours to be seen by a Doctor . The wait can be very unpleasant especially when a person feels unwell after an accident .

I still think my original question was a reasonable question to ask because I don't believe it's a demanding physical task to sign on .

And many people still go to work when they are sick .

Many people sign on when they're sick.

Many people in work ring in sick when they're not.

---------- Post added 11-09-2015 at 19:09 ----------

I agree with Happ Hazzard .

When people are sick they go to the Doctors which can be an unpleasant experience sitting in a waiting room especially when you feel unwell . Also people who suffer accidents may have to wait hours to be seen by a Doctor . The wait can be very unpleasant especially when a person feels unwell after an accident .

I still think my original question was a reasonable question to ask because I don't believe it's a demanding physical task to sign on .

Is it supposed to be a demanding physical task to sign on? Would you like it to be?

Edited by Mister M

Many people sign on when they're sick.

Many people in work ring in sick when they're not.

---------- Post added 11-09-2015 at 19:09 ----------

Is it supposed to be a demanding physical task to sign on? Would you like it to be?

I don't understand what point you are trying to make . Why would I like it to be a demanding physical task to sign on ?

My point is , that I don't believe signing on can be any worse than a trip to the Doctors when someone is feeling sick .

If I was unemployed and reliant on JSA to survive, I would have to be at deaths door to not sign on. It's well known how quick to sanction they are nowadays.

Well, well said - even if I could only get out of the house for an hour or so for that 1 thing to do

This is what I love about this Country - ppl expect "free hand out's (not as am a fan of Davey Boy), but then "don't turn up, when they are given hand-out's" :suspect: ... and is it a wonder this Country's in a pickle!

Most people claiming jsa sign on fortnightly so I would go to sign as usual on your signing day.

But also in the meantime you are due 2 weeks pay so you need to contact your local jobcentre to see what is happening regarding that payment you are allowed 2 self declaired sick periods per year so you should not be sanctioned unless you make an habit of doing this. You should have the contact number of your personal worker they will be able to advise you better.

And just a quick note to all those bickering etc not everyone on jsa are scroungers iv worked since I was 14 yrs old im now 36 paid my taxes never took more days off than what I was entitled to and then got laid off last year when the company I worked for went bust !! I was without work for a full year and believe me I searched I applied for around 15-20 jobs a week some of the things I applied for you wouldn't believe because I detested being out of work and did I get a job no I didn't 99% of the time I didn't even get a reply and for those who will say you must not have been qualified or some rubbish I left school with good grades I worked my entire adult life I had more qualifications than your average joe it was only down to an old work friend putting a good word in for me that I am employed again now so please don't be quick to assume not everyone are scroungers !!!