Missing signing on JSA because of not being informed

Most people claiming jsa sign on fortnightly so I would go to sign as usual on your signing day.

But also in the meantime you are due 2 weeks pay so you need to contact your local jobcentre to see what is happening regarding that payment you are allowed 2 self declaired sick periods per year so you should not be sanctioned unless you make an habit of doing this.

Yes but did the O.P declare sick or not? To me you "sign on" coz that is how you get the benefits (call um what you will) unless you are on deaths door) then you can only expect to be "sanctioned". Personaly too I approve of sanctions - they are a qaulity idea :)

---------- Post added 11-09-2015 at 21:53 ----------

An interesting first post, and now, hours on, no response from the OP.

Just saying, like.

Deffo. Agreed - a strange 1-off!

well they said the day they were due to sign they were sick and they rang in to say they were sick so I am presuming they declared a sickie ... but hey don't quote me on that.

Now sanctions good idea or bad I havnt decided yet... I volunteer at local food bank and have seen first hand what destruction they cause but I suppose they don't just hand them out for no reason I think some of them are a bit harsh but I suppose a sharp shock is whats needed in some cases and for those that are on them repeatedly and long term then that must be their own doing.

juries still out on that one !

I still think my original question was a reasonable question to ask because I don't believe it's a demanding physical task to sign on .

I had the galloping trots on Tuesday. Whilst I could have been more than capable of lifting heavy weights, running a 100m and bending iron bars with my teeth it would have been exceedingly unwise for me to venture more than dashing distance from the lavatory...

They were sick. They probably had a good reason to not go and sign on. Stop being a nosy sod.

I had the galloping trots on Tuesday. Whilst I could have been more than capable of lifting heavy weights, running a 100m and bending iron bars with my teeth it would have been exceedingly unwise for me to venture more than dashing distance from the lavatory...

They were sick. They probably had a good reason to not go and sign on. Stop being a nosy sod.

I hope you have fully recovered from your bout of diarrhea .

I agree they probably did have a good reason not to sign on just like they probably did for the other two self-declared sick periods allowed per year another member has mentioned .

Thats a perfectly reasonable reason to miss signing on I agree.

but there's no reason to not chase up the job center about the sick forms and about the next sign on date.