Swimming Baths High Green

shellbelle

One of the conditions off the sale is that it is not to be used as a swimming pool. In a world of finite resources and environmental challenges, I find it strange that a perfectly serviceable swimming pool would be demolished and another one would be built a few hundred yards away. Surely it would have been better to use the funding to refurbish the existing one

One of the conditions off the sale is that it is not to be used as a swimming pool. In a world of finite resources and environmental challenges, I find it strange that a perfectly serviceable swimming pool would be demolished and another one would be built a few hundred yards away. Surely it would have been better to use the funding to refurbish the existing one

The condition of the money from sport england is that you build new for old. There is a lot of work that needs doing to the old baths and would cost a lot to do up. The new pool will be six lanes and 25 metres instead of yards with a gym and consulting rooms. The downside of the new pool is that there isn't going to be any seating for watching swimming lessons and galas.

I think the one they are building is more in line with the one across from Hillsborough Park I don't know if it's also going to have a gymnasium etc but don't quote me on that, though someone on SF may confirm either way.

---------- Post added 12-09-2015 at 21:19 ----------

What's your thoughts on the culling of KFC in Chapeltown?

Yes, it's going to have a gymnasium aswell

The condition of the money from sport england is that you build new for old. There is a lot of work that needs doing to the old baths and would cost a lot to do up. The new pool will be six lanes and 25 metres instead of yards with a gym and consulting rooms. The downside of the new pool is that there isn't going to be any seating for watching swimming lessons and galas.

You would have to be very brave or a bit daft to go to the swimming baths to watch, it's not very PC in this day and age. As for taking photos of your kids, I assume that is banned as well. We live in strange times.

Angel1.

You would have to be very brave or a bit daft to go to the swimming baths to watch, it's not very PC in this day and age. As for taking photos of your kids, I assume that is banned as well. We live in strange times.

Angel1.

Lots of parents use chapeltown baths to watch there children in lessons and at swim club. It also gets packed for galas when parents want to cheer their children on - if you went to the baths yesterday afternoon you would have seen how many people go to watch galas. The swim club has two annual schools galas for children at local schools and a gala for children in swimming lessons (as well as their own club galas).

I didn't mention taking photos but it is ok at organised galas, as long as you have put your details on the photo register.

It will be a sad day when parents are too scared to watch their own children swimming and having fun.