The Death Of Compassion?

:roll:

Why are so many people obsessed with right-wing media propaganda theories? Is it some kind of paranoid mental illness? Can't people think for themselves anymore?

<snip>

I don't think Thatcher is to blame for either of these quite significant junction points in western society.

Thank you for the comprehensive explanation; it was more informative than your original one-sentence response to Daven.

And since you asked, yes, I have a paranoid mental illness and am incapable of thinking for myself.

Thank you for the comprehensive explanation; it was more informative than your original one-sentence response to Daven.

I was being concise in Daven's response, but felt the need to expand after reading yours, and realising mine was a bit vague ;)

And since you asked, yes, I have a paranoid mental illness and am incapable of thinking for myself.

I'm not sure about sarcasm here because text sarcasm is much harder to follow than real life (which even then I find tough :hihi:)

-

Again... if we (I mean you and I) lived in a small town, with 100 or so families, and so did everyone in this thread, it's likely that we would all know each other personally, and look out for each other, would you not agree?

My case in point :o

Don't be so quick to rush to an assumption based on your opinion. That is the same mistake as the first person made. The thread talks about compassion when it is really about being misunderstanding what is required in a situation.

When somebody posts on a bulletin board they can expect to be called out.

Over to you and your audience. ;)

Why is the OP being given such an hard time ? The OP witnessed uncompassionate behaviour which motivated them to start a thread . In the past I have shown a lack of compassion when stuck in a motorway traffic jam as a consequence of an accident . However , I don't believe compassion is dead .

Was Jesus mocked when he told the parable of the Good Samaritan ?

Why is the OP being given such an hard time ? The OP witnessed uncompassionate behaviour which motivated them to start a thread .

On the "Death of Compassion" based on some one-off experience. Inaction isn't evidence that compassion is dead simply because you think your action is somehow superior as a barometer...all it is is an anecdote.

In the past I have shown a lack of compassion when stuck in a motorway traffic jam as a consequence of an accident . However , I don't believe compassion is dead .

Well there you go.. it's not surprising that the op was given a "hard time". Compassion isn't dead..the op allegedly helped, as well as others.

---------- Post added 16-09-2015 at 13:32 ----------

:huh: Are you saying the OP is Jesus AND as well as the good Samaritan?

Edited by cassity

Why is the OP being given such an hard time ? The OP witnessed uncompassionate behaviour which motivated them to start a thread . In the past I have shown a lack of compassion when stuck in a motorway traffic jam as a consequence of an accident . However , I don't believe compassion is dead .

Without details/context then what do you expect?

The driver was 'ill'???

Well did he have a running nose or a heart attack??

I doubt a bus full of people would just leave if the driver collapsed at the wheel, but if he had a major case of the Trots I personally wouldn't be sticking around to help clean up.

Without details/context then what do you expect?

The driver was 'ill'???

Well did he have a running nose or a heart attack??

I doubt a bus full of people would just leave if the driver collapsed at the wheel, but if he had a major case of the Trots I personally wouldn't be sticking around to help clean up.

The driver was clearly not well enough to continue driving the bus otherwise the passengers would not have jumped ship . The OP has already stated the bus wasn't full and obviously thought if it was not for himself and the elderly couple, the driver might have been just left on his own .

---------- Post added 16-09-2015 at 14:03 ----------

On the "Death of Compassion" based on some one-off experience. Inaction isn't evidence that compassion is dead simply because you think your action is somehow superior as a barometer...all it is is an anecdote.

Well there you go.. it's not surprising that the op was given a "hard time". Compassion isn't dead..the op allegedly helped, as well as others.

---------- Post added 16-09-2015 at 13:32 ----------

:huh: Are you saying the OP is Jesus AND as well as the good Samaritan?

Just a good Samaritan .