Key to a blissful life..stay in rural areas

TJC1

There is more crime per capita in cities and towns than in rural areas, so I don't get why it would cost more to police rural areas.

"The NRCN said policing for sparsely populated areas was "relatively expensive on a per capita basis", which meant resources were under "even greater pressure"

From the report.

"The NRCN said policing for sparsely populated areas was "relatively expensive on a per capita basis", which meant resources were under "even greater pressure"

From the report.

I still don't get why, most police stations in rural areas have been closed, so no cost there, any policing is carried out from stations located in towns and cities, police don't patrol rural areas so again no cost, so unless a crime is reported they don't go near the rural areas, the only extra cost they have is fuel and and possibly a bit of time.

I don't know why anyone would find that surprising, Maltby is a very nice place to live, lots of open space, polite friendly people, easy access to open countryside, easy access to the surrounding cities, streets that are safe, very little crime, no racial tensions caused by mass immigration, affordable housing with good sized gardens. Whats not to like?:)

I may have gone on a bad day,i went to meet a customer on Muglet Lane and there was a gang running riot while I was there and the village green had rubbish dumped all over it.It was a few years ago and like I said I may have gone on a bad day.