Stick it to em girls..

Muslim men at Muslim conference discussing non-violence towards your wife...guess that doesn't include women generally then.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/topless-femen-protesters-kicked-during-scuffles-at-muslim-conference-about-women-10499668.html

Very brave of them, lets hope it's the men that get charged with assault and not the women that get charged for causing offense.

I've always said muslims are two faced liars, say one thing and do another.

The imams giving the talk didn't hit the women did they?

No excusing the ones who did hit them and personally I despise non Muslims who come out with crap like you have in your post. :rant:

No excusing the ones who did hit them and personally I despise non Muslims who come out with crap like you have in your post. :rant:

That's all fine and dandy, but you must admit that Islam has work to do in terms of Women's rights.

You're right though they didn't, but considering the theme of the discussion - ' non-violence towards your wife' - it does beg the question " Why discuss what is self evidently wrong"? Is it a particular problem with married Muslim couples? Are Muslims men like children who need to be advised and corrected in the same way we hold our childrens hands while crossing the road? And why is it wrong to abuse your wife...specifically? Would it have anything to do with property, chattel?

What seems like two men addressing a large male audience suggests a large male problem.

Seems you're not the only one...the men didn't either.

I'm all for female equality, but I don't understand Femen's way of protesting:

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://imworld.aufeminin.com/story/20130927/femen-103992_w1000.jpg&imgrefurl=http://sbccfilmreviews.org/?p%3D32988&h=666&w=999&tbnid=eWNRewtjHI4-9M:&docid=zpVcvGA4UIijmM&ei=nFP3VdrhAsK2aZzMmbAK&tbm=isch&ved=0CEEQMygNMA1qFQoTCNqfn7zS98cCFUJbGgodHGYGpg

Yes I can appreciate that photo myself, but I don't think flashing nakedness in the faces of people who don't wan't it is productive.

That's all fine and dandy, but you must admit that Islam has work to do in terms of Women's rights.

You're right though they didn't, but considering the theme of the discussion - ' non-violence towards your wife' - it does beg the question " Why discuss what is self evidently wrong"? Is it a particular problem with married Muslim couples? Are Muslims men like children who need to be advised and corrected in the same way we hold our childrens hands while crossing the road? And why is it wrong to abuse your wife...specifically? Would it have anything to do with property, chattel?

What seems like two men addressing a large male audience suggests a large male problem.

The problem is that there are Muslim men out there who regard their wives as their property and therefore think they can do as they please. This view is not one I hold myself and I think nowadays the younger generation Muslims who live in western country's don't follow this line of thinking although there are some who do.

I think it will take time but Muslim women are getting to the point where they don't stand for it anymore in this and other western country's but there does seem to be a problem in Muslim country's.

I respect my wife as an equal and will bring my two boys to hold the same values.