Should conservative supporters boast about dodging tax?

TJC1

Tax Evasion is illegal :( and Tax Avoidance is legal :) so we really do need clarification from the OP .

Yes, especially when the OP mentions tax "dodging" and then says "they are going after tax avoidance".

Implying that to employ tax avoidance schemes (legal) whilst going after tax evasion (illegal) is somehow hypocritical.

That's like saying it's hypocritical to watch a legally purchased DVD of a film whist at the same time agreeing with the prosecution of those who distribute pirated copies of that film.

The whole concept (and the basis of this thread) is nonsense.

To answer the OPs question, no, it is not hypocritical to legally avoid tax whilst supporting the prosecution of those who illegally evade tax.

Any more than it is hypocritical to buy food in a supermarket yet support the prosecution of those who steal it.

One is legal, the other is not.

Complicated stuff I know. :rolleyes:

I really thought the title was, -

Should conservative supporters boast about dogging tax.

Dogging definitely sounds a better subject for this thread. Is there a tax on dogging? Is it actually legal? Should it be legalised if it isn't, and properly taxed to gain revenue for the exchequer?

Dogging definitely sounds a better subject for this thread. Is there a tax on dogging? Is it actually legal? Should it be legalised if it isn't, and properly taxed to gain revenue for the exchequer?

Conservertive supporters should boast if one of their own has invented this new dogging tax , it could well be the solution to the UK deficit crisis .

Conservertive supporters should boast if one of their own has invented this new dogging tax , it could well be the solution to the UK deficit crisis .

I've heard it's popular. Dogging that is, not paying tax, no one likes to do that.

---------- Post added 15-09-2015 at 21:41 ----------

Anyway, what's happened to the OP? Crawled under a rock somewhere?

I've heard it's popular. Dogging that is, not paying tax, no one likes to do that.

---------- Post added 15-09-2015 at 21:41 ----------

Anyway, what's happened to the OP? Crawled under a rock somewhere?

Tax avoiding conservatives...cant beat em