Should conservative supporters boast about dodging tax?

TJC1

I dont funnel profits to low tax countries that i blatantly make in uk

you call that 'clever accounting' or 'tax efficiency'....i call it morally wrong and unjustifiable.

Tax dodging..nothing more, nothing less.

---------- Post added 16-09-2015 at 13:21 ----------

is it right to boast about tax dodging while claiming to be a conservative supporter?

its a simple question...

Was that the answer to 1, 2 or question 3? :roll:

Carrs scheme is STILL Legal. The HMRC had to shame him into paying more tax but he did that voluntarily.

---------- Post added 16-09-2015 at 08:17 ----------

Do you pay more tax than you are legally required to? If no, then you are just the same.

How can I be the same?

I dont have offshore accounts or funnel taxes through fake media companies or profits through low tax countries.

I observe some people find this practice acceptable though...

I'll ask another question then...

q.4) who has "boasted" about "dodging" taxes? - if you could cite a post it would be helpful, then we could all judge the context etc.

I wont hold my breath.

Theres a marked difference between limiting tax liabilities and aggressive tax avoidance.

Nothing wrong with being prudent ( like claiming for everything you legally should).

---------- Post added 16-09-2015 at 13:38 ----------

The problem lies with the legislators who create poor tax law which includes loopholes.

Its accountants that are the problem and the businesses / individuals that fund it..

Theres a 12000 page tax document. Agressively finding loopholes in the law...while the majority pay proper taxes.

---------- Post added 16-09-2015 at 13:40 ----------

Its acting against the 'spirit' of the law...

Theres a marked difference between limiting tax liabilities and aggressive tax avoidance.

Nothing wrong with being prudent ( like claiming for everything you legally should).

---------- Post added 16-09-2015 at 13:38 ----------

Its accountants that are the problem and the businesses / individuals that fund it..

Theres a 12000 page tax document. Agressively finding loopholes in the law...while the majority pay proper taxes.

---------- Post added 16-09-2015 at 13:40 ----------

Its acting against the 'spirit' of the law...

I think that is a roundabout answer to Q3. Well done - we're getting somewhere.

So tax avoidance is OK then?

just the other few questions to answer.

You think tax avoidance is ok....that's clear.

Absolutely - You have I believe claimed to run your own business - forgive me if I'm wrong about this.

You avoid tax all the time. Does this make you a tax "dodger"? If that's the legal/technical term for it?

How can I be the same?

I dont have offshore accounts or funnel taxes through fake media companies or profits through low tax countries.

I observe some people find this practice acceptable though...

You seem to be rather confused. Only a tiny number of people who avoid tax have offshore bank accounts.

So, IF you pay exactly what you are legally required, you are doing the exact same as someone who arranges their tax affairs within the law to limit their liability. That is called avoidance and is done by EVERY business, from the local corner shop to the huge multi nationals.

You seem to be rather confused. Only a tiny number of people who avoid tax have offshore bank accounts.

So, IF you pay exactly what you are legally required, you are doing the exact same as someone who arranges their tax affairs within the law to limit their liability. That is called avoidance and is done by EVERY business, from the local corner shop to the huge multi nationals.

There's a 40 to 120 billion tax gap...you appear to be the one not in grasp of the facts.

---------- Post added 16-09-2015 at 14:15 ----------

Absolutely - You have I believe claimed to run your own business - forgive me if I'm wrong about this.

You avoid tax all the time. Does this make you a tax "dodger"? If that's the legal/technical term for it?

Tax dodging sympathiser....that's you that is.