Earnings rise 2.9%

Earnings grew 2.9% excluding bonuses, bet you wish you got 2.9%, and a bonus.

I got the 1% given to the public sector, just like 20% of the population; so I guess there will be some that got nothing and some that got more than 2.9%.

How much rise did you get, in what type of role/industry do you work?

Earnings grew 2.9% excluding bonuses, bet you wish you got 2.9%, and a bonus.

I got the 1% given to the public sector, just like 20% of the population; so I guess there will be some that got nothing and some that got more than 2.9%.

How much rise did you get, in what type of role/industry do you work?

I was getting pay cuts in the years proceeding the economic crash like so many others while the public sector was screaming blue murder over up to 3.0% pay rises for some parts of the sector. That at the time was an above inflation pay rise.

It is this attitude, I feel, that resulted in the apathy felt by those working in the private sector towards the public sector when they complain about low pay rises. The public sector didn't give two hoots about what was happening to none public sector workers, but as soon as they are hit with low pay rises, they seem to think we should all be up in arms.

I was getting pay cuts in the years proceeding the economic crash like so many others while the public sector was screaming blue murder over up to 3.0% pay rises for some parts of the sector. That at the time was an above inflation pay rise.

It is this attitude, I feel, that resulted in the apathy felt by those working in the private sector towards the public sector when they complain about low pay rises. The public sector didn't give two hoots about what was happening to none public sector workers, but as soon as they are hit with low pay rises, they seem to think we should all be up in arms.

Thats the versus trap all political hierarchy use to push through policy...how do you cut public sector pay? By promoting public sector indulgences.

How do you cut public sector pensions? Same thing...

Thats the versus trap all political hierarchy use to push through policy...how do you cut public sector pay? By promoting public sector indulgences.

How do you cut public sector pensions? Same thing...

That was my personal observation. My salary was being reduced at a time when public sector workers were receiving above inflation pay rises.

The thing is, I worked for an architects at the time that designed a lot of service buildings, paid for by public money. This money dried up 18 months before the economic crash and businesses in the construction industry were haemorrhaging jobs. The government knew what was happening but still went ahead and gave away higher then inflation pay rises to public sector workers. This was at the time when Brown was considering holding a snap election. Take from that what you may but the Brown government knew the crash was coming despite claiming the opposite was true.

That was my personal observation. My salary was being reduced at a time when public sector workers were receiving above inflation pay rises.

The thing is, I worked for an architects at the time that designed a lot of service buildings, paid for by public money. This money dried up 18 months before the economic crash and businesses in the construction industry were haemorrhaging jobs. The government knew what was happening but still went ahead and gave away higher then inflation pay rises to public sector workers. This was at the time when Brown was considering holding a snap election. Take from that what you may but the Brown government knew the crash was coming despite claiming the opposite was true.

But instead of raising private sector pay it brings down public sector pay and benefits..