Trying to find coach/carriage bolts

I'm out of luck at the moment after searching all over the internet looking for a specific type of bolt, so I'm hoping someone on here might be able to help me? :help:

I'm looking for brass/copper coach/carriage bolts (they're the ones with rounded heads) that are either size M6 x 150mm or 1/4" x 6"? I need these for a boat project...

I've looked through the usual places, B&Q, Screwfix, marine websites, nut & bolt websites etc, etc but not found any that are in that size AND that finish... :(

I think because brass or copper would be too soft.

Have you thought about covering or plating the heads of stainless ones.

I'm not sure if they would be too soft, I can get them in those sizes ok - just not with mushroomed heads. Covering might be an idea, how would I do that?

- Thanks retep, I've emailed them just now. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure if they would be too soft, I can get them in those sizes ok - just not with mushroomed heads. Covering might be an idea, how would I do that?

- Thanks retep, I've emailed them just now. :thumbsup:

You could make your own 'roundheds with copper round bar and braise them onto your copper bolts? Copper bar is pliable and easy to work with.

Or just M6 copper bar planished to roundhead and threaded.

Edited by cassity