Fathers should be named on birth cert

About 8 weeks after I got married, I found out my wife had been having an affair for 6 months, and still was.

We split up, but once a week or so, she would turn up wanting to talk.Not long after this, she moved in with the guy she was having an affair with. What he didnt know, was that when she came to see me, we would end up sleeping together.

Fast forward a couple of months, and I get a facebook message saying he is going round saying she is pregnant, and showing people a scan photo.

To me, the dates added up, so I contacted her to ask if the child could be mine - she said it was a 75% chance.

After the child was born (which she didnt tell me about) she put his name on the birth certificate as the father.

I pushed for a DNA test, which proved I was the father. It has taken nearly 15 months to get his name removed from the birth certificate, and mine put on it...

And yes, I do pay child support, which we agreed between us, and it is always paid through the bank..

You did the right thing, i wonder how many fathers would have just let the child grow up in ignorance of his real father. I know from experience this can cause a child much anguish if they find out the dad they grow up with turned out to be a stand in. Of course this is a complicated issue and people get hurt.

About 8 weeks after I got married, I found out my wife had been having an affair for 6 months, and still was.

We split up, but once a week or so, she would turn up wanting to talk.Not long after this, she moved in with the guy she was having an affair with. What he didnt know, was that when she came to see me, we would end up sleeping together.

Fast forward a couple of months, and I get a facebook message saying he is going round saying she is pregnant, and showing people a scan photo.

To me, the dates added up, so I contacted her to ask if the child could be mine - she said it was a 75% chance.

After the child was born (which she didnt tell me about) she put his name on the birth certificate as the father.

I pushed for a DNA test, which proved I was the father. It has taken nearly 15 months to get his name removed from the birth certificate, and mine put on it...

And yes, I do pay child support, which we agreed between us, and it is always paid through the bank..

Top result mate. Nice one :thumbsup: